Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
i was around when the Range Rover Evoque pre-orders were happening and it got to numbers as high as this. it's crazy. it just goes to show what the demand is like, even more shocking it's a car people can't even see in person as yet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
hows the Ghibli produced? Does it have its own production facility or does it share something with FIAT? The Ghiblis can't all be hand built? That would take 10 years to fill the 20K pre-orders...

Bet Ghibli gets its own assembly line/factory when Chrysler brings their next gen saloons on the Ghibli platform online. Likely manufacture Dodge, Chrysler and Maserati saloons on the same line...

·
Registered
305 Posts
"Maserati has more than 20,000 orders on its backlog at the end of August, Wester said. The Grugliasco plant, where Maserati builds its Ghibli and Quattroporte models, will deliver 3,000 cars a month starting in September, Wester said today."

·
Registered
852 Posts
My dealer says that that order number is "hogwash" he expects to have cars in in november and product for sale in December. I will be checking on my lease to see if I can extend and if so how long. I am a november order for a february delivery (30 day hold by dealer) he also stated that it took three weeks to clear quateoportes through customs. I smell delays in my future......

·
Registered
284 Posts
My dealer says that that order number is "hogwash" he expects to have cars in in november and product for sale in December. I will be checking on my lease to see if I can extend and if so how long. I am a november order for a february delivery (30 day hold by dealer) he also stated that it took three weeks to clear quateoportes through customs. I smell delays in my future......
3 weeks to clear customs isn't too bad, i think thats the industry standard. I've always known vehicles to take up to a month to get from the dock to dealer.

keep us posted, looking forward to seeing your ghibli delivered :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
"Maserati has more than 20,000 orders on its backlog at the end of August, Wester said. The Grugliasco plant, where Maserati builds its Ghibli and Quattroporte models, will deliver 3,000 cars a month starting in September, Wester said today."
thanks!

3000 cars a month. not bad. it'll take some time to build all the cars but not a huge deal for me.

·
Registered
284 Posts
thanks!

3000 cars a month. not bad. it'll take some time to build all the cars but not a huge deal for me.
3000 cars a month is a lot.
Sometimes car makers take a lot of vehicle orders and can't keep up with it.
I just hope there isn't any delays with the Ghibli's

·
Registered
10 Posts
Delays, delays and more delays

So I was one of those orders, well to be fair I became one in early January this year and am still waiting for a build slot... getting bored and frustrated quite honestly. If Maserati want to achieve growth and higher sales then they have to be able to produce the product in a reasonable timescale!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm assuming you've spoken with your dealer about this - what have they said about the long lead time? My understanding was approximately 3 months from time of purchase (this was back in late Feb/early Mar).

Unless you have an unusual custom build or have ordered a 2015, there's no reason your dealer couldn't try to locate a vehicle for you sooner. Quite a few available units out there, I have been told.

Edit: just saw one of your posts on another thread and realized you are waiting for a diesel and must be outside the US. If that's the case, then my thoughts no longer apply but I would still reach out to your dealer.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Oh Boy, every time I read a post like this I just think my June delivery is going to get pushed farther and farther back....

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Oh Boy, every time I read a post like this I just think my June delivery is going to get pushed farther and farther back....
if you get pushed beyond june then you really need to have a serious convo w/ your dealer.

essentially at that point you will be buying a leftover since the 15s will be out in september. with that being said i would expect to be compensated bc you are taking delivery of a car that has depreciated substantially (at no fault of yours) due to the fact a newer model is now available.

so the dealer can either compensate you for this or you can simply wait a few more weeks and take delivery of a 2015.

·
Registered
480 Posts
if you get pushed beyond june then you really need to have a serious convo w/ your dealer.

essentially at that point you will be buying a leftover since the 15s will be out in september. with that being said i would expect to be compensated bc you are taking delivery of a car that has depreciated substantially (at no fault of yours) due to the fact a newer model is now available.

so the dealer can either compensate you for this or you can simply wait a few more weeks and take delivery of a 2015.

Thanks for the tip, I should be able to get a larger discount off the final price since its a 2014 and a couple of option changes effect my order.
I ordered the Emozione Blue with Cuioi interior. That is no different from '14to '15
I ordered the sport package with 19 inch Proteo wheels (I am supposed to get all season tire and that is no different from '14 to '15.

I ordered the extended leather package for the arm rests and dashboard. There is no change in that from '14 to '15.

I ordered the premium sound system which I hear still sucks from '14 to '15.

However I ordered the Premium Package which now includes additional items. For instance, the automatic rear sun shade is now a part of the premium option package where it was a $670 option when I ordered it. I wonder if you can get it installed post delivery?:(

Steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts