Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all good afternoon.

Im getting my first car soon that I actually own, and I'm looking for something pretty much exclusive under 100,000$ that you don't see too many people driving as to where i stand out. Basically that narrowed it down between the Panamera, and the Ghibli.
Personally i would much rather own a XK Coupe or a Gran-turismo, but i have alot of people to drive around..... (LOL.)

The way a car drives and the engine isn't really a big deal for me as long as it drives steady.
Looks wise i love them both, but from a side angle you can't even really tell the Ghibli is a maserati. It looks almost like a Infiniti or something of the sort. Its not really a "WOW" look at that car. And the interior is pretty plain. But at the end of the day it has that beautiful trident in the front and you really don't see ANY driving around.

But basically I'm stuck between the 2014 Porsche Panamera base, and the Ghibli S Q4.

So my question is, LOOKS wise, which looks better and would catch your attention more?

Thank you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your posting on the Ghibli Forum........think you might get a slightly biased view. From my perspective, no contest. The Ghibli has the looks and the emotion. The Panamera has neither. But if neither of them really sings to you, maybe go for something different altogether

Reactions: tjsbeer

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hello all good afternoon.

I
Looks wise i love them both, but from a side angle you can't even really tell the Ghibli is a maserati. It looks almost like a Infiniti or something of the sort. Its not really a "WOW" look at that car. And the interior is pretty plain. But at the end of the day it has that beautiful trident in the front and you really don't see ANY driving around.

But basically I'm stuck between the 2014 Porsche Panamera base, and the Ghibli S Q4.

So my question is, LOOKS wise, which looks better and would catch your attention more?

Thank you.
I agree that from some angles, the Ghibli looks a lot like many other cars on the road. By that I mean that it does not look "exotic" the way a Lambo or Ferrari or even the Alfa does. But, it does stand out. I have never had more people stare at a car that I have owned or even take pictures of it in parking lots or come up and comment on it then this car. I doubt that happens for most Porsche or BMW or Audi drivers. While impressive machines, they are just not rare enough to invoke that reaction. I did not buy the car for that reason and in fact it is sort of awkward to get that much attention, but if standing out is a goal of yours the Maserati will likely deliver better than the Porsche based on my experiences.

I live in the Midwest and have owned the car for 8 months now. In that time I have only seen 2 other Maserati's (not counting the dealership). I have seen many Porsches. Of course it may be different in other parts of the country.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Porsche is a vastly superior car and Porsche's cachet is second to none. Maserati is more rare and has an exotic factor, seems like a fun experience to own, but doesn't have the respect Porsche does. Again though, it has a "sex appeal" that stems from its exclusivity. However, that exclusivity also stems from people but considering it worth the money (see Ghibli huge discounts already), reliability and if the Ghibli sells to plan, that exclusivity will start to wane.

I don't know why you'd ask others about which "looks better". I think the Panamera can look amazing or simply awkward and bad.

The Ghibli looks more generic, which also makes it easier to digest. It also has has a sense of exotic that on the flip side makes it a little awkward at angles, yet stunning at the right ones.

Personally, I'm between Porsche and Maserati too. But the Macan vs the Ghibli. So take that as you will re: which I'd rather have between the Ghibli and the Panny. Panny is just too massive and unresolved in design. I bet the next one will have all design kinks worked out, especially if the home run Macan is to go by.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Forget all the advice...........which car makes you happy when you sit in it and start the engine.........which car brings out your passion to drive........that is the one to buy.............but no one can help you with that decision and you have to forget what everyone else says and do what is right for you.

But you have asked so for me I hate the look of the Porsche and because of that I never even put it on my list.............I just heard Maserati and I was hooked.....and the more I looked at is the more I loved it.........and I spend waaaaay more that i have ever spent on a car and have never looked back.......every ride long or short delivers a driving experience and my passion for driving..............what brings out your passion is what you should buy forget the specs and all the rest.........good luck!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
The Porche reminds me of an AMC Pacer.
It's just plain ugly.
The Ghibli is hands down sexy and she's a Maserati!
Not too many people can say "I drive a Maserati"

Reactions: doubledeetob

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well. Interesting thing happened to me yesterday. I was driving and stopped at the red light. There was that kid on the other car looking at mine. He couldn't resist and told me that my car is cool. Than he asked me: Is this a Porsche? (Sic!). I looked at him and said: No, it is Maserati. It was priceless to see his jaw dropping down.

FoxBeat

·
Registered
105 Posts
Drive them both and then make the decision based on what you think is best for you.......

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Get what makes you happy :) At least for the next three years Ghibli will be much more exclusive than Panamera. I had mine for almost two months now and have yet to see another one on the road. I see many Panamera's around. Good luck and get what excites you!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Honestly - you think the Panamera looks as good as the Ghibli! I know I am biased but the Panamera look like a beached whale. It was dismissed from my consideration on looks alone.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
So apt!!

The Porche reminds me of an AMC Pacer.
It's just plain ugly.
The Ghibli is hands down sexy and she's a Maserati!
Not too many people can say "I drive a Maserati"

I wish I had thought of that comparison when I made my previous Panamera post
:laugh:
For any aspiring Panamerian I suggest you check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmeeF9ZtkCA

Whatever car one decides to purchase - enjoy the drive but remember, IMO people stare at the Ghibli because she looks and sounds beautiful 0:)whereas they only stare at the Panamera because it is in the same category as 'Elephant Man' or the bearded lady !!>:D

DD

Reactions: tjsbeer

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have to be honest, I tried the Panamera too, lovely car to drive but just didn't get me as excited as the Ghibli did when I drove that.
I made my decision, Ghibli all the way :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Thanks everyone!! Great laughs too haha. I think I will be joining the Ghibli club you guys made some great points here and now that I'm starting to think of it the Pana does look a little odd-whale shaped lol. I will be posting new photos/videos/updates soon and will more then likely be asking more advice :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts