Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new Ghibli owner and want to swap out my 18" wheels for 19" ones. I was going to order a tire/wheel/TPMS package online but got scared when I called my dealer and they said I can't put a non-OEM TPMS on the wheel without needing it to have a software update from the factory for it to work.

For those that swapped out their factory wheels with aftermarket ones, did you also swap out the factory TPMS or do aftermarket TPMS actually work fine?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I am a new Ghibli owner and want to swap out my 18" wheels for 19" ones. I was going to order a tire/wheel/TPMS package online but got scared when I called my dealer and they said I can't put a non-OEM TPMS on the wheel without needing it to have a software update from the factory for it to work.

For those that swapped out their factory wheels with aftermarket ones, did you also swap out the factory TPMS or do aftermarket TPMS actually work fine?

Thanks in advance!
I have changed out at least 7 sets of wheels with Aftermarket set up (wheels + Tires + TPMS) on my cars. Never had any problem. My Ghibli is running fine on the 20' aftermarket set up.

·
Administrator
2,416 Posts
I bought the OEM TPMS from Tirerack ... they were less expensive than my dealer. Although a couple Maserati dealers posted slightly lower prices than Tirerack's prices after I bought these in March.

Worked perfect ... added to my winter set of tires/rim ... auto learned quickly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just recently got new rims. I had my shop take out the OEM and put them onto the new set of wheels without buying new TPMS. Everything worked fine and no software issue.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I got winter wheels and tires and the shop put in aftermarket TPMS sensors. The Ghibli did not complain at all, nothing to do or set. Just installed the new wheels/tires and started driving. No issues.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Just call the dealer and order a set of new TPMS sensors. At least if you get them from the dealer you know they will work properly and you know they are the correct ones. Besides this may be the only item ever that you can obtain cheaper at the dealership over a retail parts shop. Dealership price is $34ea or $136 for the set.

Maserati OEM Part # - 670002790 (Schrader TPMS 433mhz), $34ea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts