Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am a member of maseratilife (same username) and I am trading my QP Exec GT for an SQ4. I already test drove the car and fell in love it with.

Now the tough choice of figuring out the color combination to go with. Obviously, if I want to wait 4 months I can order whatever I want but the problem is (and I'm sure we're all that way) I have no patience! I want it now so I'm forced to go with one of the build recommendations (pre-packaged ones).

My QP is Grigio Alfieri/Cuoio and I love that combination but here's my issues…

If I ordered the Grigio/Cuoio option I wouldn't really feel like I got something different. But more importantly, I'm not crazy about the amount of black plastic they put on the body (i.e. side skirts, rear diffuser, and lower part of side mirrors). With lighter colors such as Grigio, Bianco, Bianco Alpi, I feel this black plastic takes away from the car.

This lead me to take a look at Nero and Nero Ribelle. I test drove a Nero/Black and I actually like the Nero a lot because you don't see all the black plastic and the car just looks mean and very aggressive in that color. The only issue is Maserati did not prepackage that color with either Cuoio or Rosso interiors. The only Nero available with that interior is Nero Ribelle.

So, my local dealer has a Nero Ribelle / Cuoio that is nearly fully loaded with Carbon Fiber at a sticker of $96,500. They are willing to reduce the price $2,000 and give me a very good deal on my trade but that is a high sticker and I don't even know what the color looks like in person.

If I don't go with that car, I can just build one and wait four months.

Any thoughts on Nero Ribelle? Any thoughts on Rosso interior?

Thank you.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I drove a Nero Ribelle earlier today. Nice finish for the car, if I hadn't already ordered Grigio Maratea, I'd consider Nero Ribelle. It's a silky black with very fine mica flecks that flash several different colors on close inspection in sunlight. Can't go wrong with the color IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove a Nero Ribelle earlier today. Nice finish for the car, if I hadn't already ordered Grigio Maratea, I'd consider Nero Ribelle. It's a silky black with very fine mica flecks that flash several different colors on close inspection in sunlight. Can't go wrong with the color IMO.
Thank you. I will see it in the metal next week and the dealer has agreed to let me pick another car if I don't like it.

This car sounds like it's going to be really special

Nero Ribelle with Cuoio and carbon fiber trim
20" wheels, red calipers, premium, sport, luxury, B&W sound system, carbon fiber trim (which looks awesome with Cuoio IMO)

I'll see it next week but I got a feeling that I'll love it.

My worry is that it won't be "exotic" enough… it's black over tan in laymen's terms!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Amr....While at the dealer for my ghibli test drive I saw a QP with Nero ribelle exterior and tan interior...I just loved the combination so much that I ordered the same combo for the ghibli. I would love to hear your thoughts on what your experience with QP was and why you are trading it in for a ghibli

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amr....While at the dealer for my ghibli test drive I saw a QP with Nero ribelle exterior and tan interior...I just loved the combination so much that I ordered the same combo for the ghibli. I would love to hear your thoughts on what your experience with QP was and why you are trading it in for a ghibli
Sorry for the late response. I loved (love) the QP and I'm only trading it in because we (my partners and I at our company) decided to all sell our personal vehicles and lease cars under the company. That is really the only reason, otherwise I would have kept the QP... it was a fantastic car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts