Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had any issues with the traffic data on the navigation? As of yesterday I am no longer receive my any traffic data. I checked all the settings and traffic is enabled. Any insight? Thx.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone ever had any issues with the traffic data on the navigation? As of yesterday I am no longer receive my any traffic data. I checked all the settings and traffic is enabled. Any insight? Thx.
I have the exact same experience. As of yesterday, traffic just stopped working. All settings are to enabled.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doing 185, where are you located? I'm in Los Angeles. Anyone else having this issue? I'm really hoping this is a Garmin issue on their side that gets resolved quickly and not an issue with the MTC.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Doing 185, where are you located? I'm in Los Angeles. Anyone else having this issue? I'm really hoping this is a Garmin issue on their side that gets resolved quickly and not an issue with the MTC.
I'm in LA as well. I don't use the navi much but did notice that the last time I fired it up a few days ago, the traffic data was not working. I'm still within my XM traffic trial period.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am in Orange County and noticed it was not working yesterday either. Just got the car a month ago, I was wondering if you had to pay for the traffic info. I had an MB E550 before and I was paying $4/mo for traffic info.

I do not subscribe to the radio service and was pleasantly surprised that the traffic info was working, up until yesterday, at least...

Jason

·
Registered
16 Posts
No problems yesterday morning 'till late night (DFW/San Antonio and back) -or- today (DFW)...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ghibliboy, I'm assuming you aren't paying separately for any traffic service correct? I was under the assumption it was part of the Garmin navigation and we didn't have to pay extra. Thx.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am now paying for data service and have been for a couple of months.

Before I ever subscribed, I did once notice the traffic data working... but then it stopped. I assume that was due to a Sirius "free" promotion period of a few days.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thx ghibliboy. I always assumed the traffic data came via Garmin and was included. I didn't realize it was Sirius. Guess I'll be calling them tomorrow. I find that a little frustrating as my previous car was a Jaguar and the traffic data was free.

·
Administrator
2,414 Posts
2015 cars come with 4 years of traffic coverage and Sirius trial package; 2014's around mid Sept or after come with free traffic. Others had to pay the $100+ for 3-years.

Reactions: ExcuseMyFrench

·
Administrator
2,414 Posts
Thx! Ok so I bought my SQ4 in Nov. am I supposed to get the traffic for free and if so how long?
You should press Sirius as the sale date after September 9th is when the Maserati contract went into effect. There are folks on this forum who got 48 months of traffic with there new 2014 Ghibli. Mine was sold in March 2014 and activated in September, (after dealer replaced antennae), but Sirius wouldn't budge ... so I paid for my 3 year discounted plan.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so a quick update on this one. I talked to Sirius and it appears I had only a 3 month free trial for their travel link service. No explanation asked to why it disappeared after 3 weeks. I ran into the same issue as many here with them initially telling me it wasn't available for my unit but he elevated it to tech support which re-activated it. Took about 10-15 mins in total. So I have my free trial back through the middle of Feb then have to pay the annual fee.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can Erica from Maserati Cares chime in on this?

My traffic also disappeared after about 3 weeks of ownership. My car is a MY14 and I bought it on 11/16.

Erica,

Can you confirm what, if anything, MY2014 after that September date should receive?

I am going to call and activate the traffic and would like to know what the 'official' program is.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally Posted by jmatCan Erica from Maserati Cares chime in on this?

My traffic also disappeared after about 3 weeks of ownership. My car is a MY14 and I bought it on 11/16.

Erica,

Can you confirm what, if anything, MY2014 after that September date should receive?

I am going to call and activate the traffic and would like to know what the 'official' program is.

Thanks,

Jason
Hi Jason,

Let me look into this for you and I'll let you know what the official offer is supposed to be.

Thanks,
Erica (MaseratiCares)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Jason,

Let me look into this for you and I'll let you know what the official offer is supposed to be.

Thanks,
Erica (MaseratiCares)
--------------------------------------------
So I called Sirius twice yesterday and they say that Maserati hardware does not have traffic? I even discussed it with the supervisor and they say their computer says NO? I had traffic for a week (bought the car a month ago) and now there is no traffic..

Erica please help on this..

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2,414 Posts
--------------------------------------------
So I called Sirius twice yesterday and they say that Maserati hardware does not have traffic? I even discussed it with the supervisor and they say their computer says NO? I had traffic for a week (bought the car a month ago) and now there is no traffic..

Erica please help on this..

Thanks!
It's Sirius that can't figure this out. Unfortunately you need to call until you get someone that can accommodate your request ... sometimes they forward you to the technical support. It took me a few attempts and finally got someone to activate the traffic ... which now works great. There are lots of Ghibli's out there with traffic activated ... harder part is getting it activated at the Maserati contacted price. I paid for a discounted 3-years, plus a cash credit for my suffering on-line to get a done.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts