Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone can help me understand what might be happening with my Ghibli. When I am driving in sport mode and take my foot off the gas going about 30 mph or so and then give it gas I hear this thump noise and maybe a half a second later the car engages and goes into gear. Had the dealer try to reset it to learning mode but still does it. Almost feels like the car is having trouble or is delayed. Does not do it as much it normal mode but still does it. Anyone have any idea on what I can have them check at the dealer. The car is a 2018 with only 10k miles on it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
so i'm understanding right, you're coasting down off throttle to 30mph and then matting the pedal? that will likely call for a downshift so it makes sense that it would take an extra bit. if you're driving like that, consider manual mode so that it is in a lower gear when you're wanting to start accelerating.
doesn't sound like anything is wrong, save for a thump noise. loose trunk items?
it is an automatic transmission, unless in neutral or park, it is never "out of gear."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cool thanks. Really just want to make sure the transmission is good. Almost feels fragile where I give it gas then let the rpms go down and give it gas again and repeat and it feels like the transmission is going to break. Such a delayed response for the transmission to engage. Just doesn't seem normal. Very hard to describe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts