Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
That would only work in pre-'17 models. In 2017 they moved the USB plug into a new compartment in the dash. There is no way to get from there to the center console. Plus, you couldn't close the door to that new compartment if you had a cable plugged in.

On the SiriusXM app v. radio, I have the radio in my Ghibli and I use the app in my weekend toy car (Z4). The app can be a bit clunky until you get it going. Sometimes at start-up it gets lost between my home WiFi and cell service, but once it is up and running it has advantages. I find cell service more pervasive. The radio cuts out while under overpasses and in parking garages, whereas the app still works wherever you get cell service.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That would only work in pre-'17 models. In 2017 they moved the USB plug into a new compartment in the dash. There is no way to get from there to the center console. Plus, you couldn't close the door to that new compartment if you had a cable plugged in.

On the SiriusXM app v. radio, I have the radio in my Ghibli and I use the app in my weekend toy car (Z4). The app can be a bit clunky until you get it going. Sometimes at start-up it gets lost between my home WiFi and cell service, but once it is up and running it has advantages. I find cell service more pervasive. The radio cuts out while under overpasses and in parking garages, whereas the app still works wherever you get cell service.
Thanks Tommy. Yeah, the open door isn't that big of a deal now that I have had the car a few weeks. The 90 degree cables didn't work for closing the door and although I though short was better, I returned them and got a 3ft coiled cord. Work well from a neatness perspective, but still lets me extend for play when I want the phone in hand and connected.

The dealer gave me three months free of SiriusXM. As mentioned, I have a radio in a few other cars and have the digital plan. You are spot on about the app. It's slow and glitchty. I will definitely renew after the trial and of course negotiate first. Adding a radio to my plan is $99 for a year without negotiating. FWIW, I negotiate every year. Threaten to cancel and they cut the price in more than half.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts