Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Im wondering If there is a tune out there that wouldn’t void the warranty or that can flash back to normal tune before service date without flagging anything or void the warranty?

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you are willing to send your ECU back for a factory flash every time, that's the safest bet. All the major tuners offer that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are willing to send your ECU back for a factory flash every time, that's the safest bet. All the major tuners offer that.
Do you suggest a tuner and would I have to dyno the car? I won’t have any problem of them seeing it messed with or void my warranty?

·
Registered
319 Posts
If your car breaks and the dealer sees the tune on it. Good chance they won't do the work under warranty. For whatever reason Maserati dealerships aren't very open minded to tuning their cars like Mercedes, Audi and BMW. I find that the Ferrari/Maserati dealerships are a bit cooler as they are more enthusiast focused.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ugh I’m just gonna keep it stock then so I don’t void my warranty and cpo as well. It would be so much faster with a tune! 500+hp all wheel drive ahhh! :rolleyes::mad::cautious:

·
Registered
404 Posts

No experience here, but a popular choice. You don't need to send your ECU in and have it re-flashed to stock. You just have to remove this. If I were to want a tune, this would be the one I would get. The Bluetooth version.

·
Registered
34 Posts

No experience here, but a popular choice. You don't need to send your ECU in and have it re-flashed to stock. You just have to remove this. If I were to want a tune, this would be the one I would get. The Bluetooth version.
Yup I agree with Joe. I saw somewhere else on this site that someone used Formula Dynamics tune but their dealership kept flashing their ECU back to stock lol and he had to keep sending it back to Formula Dynamics to get the ECU retuned each time lol.

He then said he got the JB4 kit which you don't have to send the ECU back and forth and can just change it back to stock and back to tuned as needed.

That should ease your concerns!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a JB4 on my old 335i N54. Although it is advertised as being undetectable once removed, the dealership was able to detect constant overboost, increased MAF pressure, and several other parameters that made it very obvious my car normally runs with a tune. Luckily, they let it slide and still carried out factory warranty repairs. Maserati owners should be aware since they are much less lenient towards tuning under warranty. Your experience may vary.

·
Super Moderator
2,137 Posts
What many don't realize is the Ghibli's ECU records a lot of data ... if the dealer or Maserati wants to check they can. You'd be surprised.
So JB4 can bring car back to stock, but not wipe the recorded data, (that a skilled tuner could).

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes, like BeerGuy, new generation ECU's keep a lot of things in memory.
Only a tuner who would have kept the originals files (complete, not only the one you tune).
Only then could he revert the ECU to original.
Careful our gearboxes keep records too. This will have to be backed up before remap too.

All in all not a simple job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts