Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello; I'm hoping someone with previous knowledge about this can help. I was driving my 2014 SQ4 home from church yesterday when I noticed the car engine get louder & rougher. as I pulled up into my driveway, it felt like it wanted to stall. As soon as I parked it, the engine light came on. I turned off the car & did a 10 count & started it up again. it sounded normal again & the engine light didn't come on. After changing my clothes I went back out & plugged in my code reader & this is what popped up:
1st code:
P0302 $07E8 2/2
Generic
Cylinder 2 misfire Detected

2nd code:
P0014 $07E8 1/2
B camshaft position-timing over advanced
or system performance
Bank 1

Does anyone out there know what this means repair-wise? & does anybody have an idea how much this would cost to repair? I just had the AC compressor replaced last month & they hit me pretty good for that ($2000) & I'd like to avoid paying that much if I can...by the way, I drove it to work this morning & it ran fine- no engine light or roughness, just like before. I talked to the local dealership in Scottsdale, AZ. this morning & the service guy advised to watch for any more problems, but said it could just be a glitch due to extreme heat (it was in the 100s yesterday in AZ.) Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

P.S. the car currently has 81,000 miles on it, & had the spark plugs changed as soon as I bought it at 61,000. its up to service for a Ghibli with that many miles.
Don't know if this helps but thought I'd throw that in.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Administrator
2,498 Posts
Thank you... this helps me get an idea of what I'm up against.
I'd monitor. It's not uncommon for the car to suddenly ride rough so you can limp home and restart and all is fine.

It happened to me once, (and others on this forum). Driving home from work car did as yours did going up a hill but was able to limp home. Shut car down. Restarted a few minutes later and all was fine. I did have a misfire code. Did nothing other than clear the stored code and luckily it never happened again, (5+ years).

Hopefully, it's just one of those miscommunications with ECU. If it starts to repeat, you'll need to have the dealer address.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd monitor. It's not uncommon for the car to suddenly ride rough so you can limp home and restart and all is fine.

It happened to me once, (and others on this forum). Driving home from work car did as yours did going up a hill but was able to limp home. Shut car down. Restarted a few minutes later and all was fine. I did have a misfire code. Did nothing other than clear the stored code and luckily it never happened again, (5+ years).

Hopefully, it's just one of those miscommunications with ECU. If it starts to repeat, you'll need to have the dealer address.
Thanks for that...from what I discussed with the service manager, it sounds about the same...but I will be watching with a close eye.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts