Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All:

I started this new thread because it may lead to an opportunity to fix a common problem some other posters have had with the new Ghibli. As you all know there is no current product on the market that will attach to the current Uconnect head unit and allow an override or bypass of the "accept" button or allow "in motion" use of the navigation system. I contacted both Pacific and Lock pick and they have no plans on building units for the Ghibli.

However I did speak to Bobby at Nav-TV in Florida. He told me that they have a unit for the Quatroporte but if enough people call for the Ghibli, they may be willing to make a unit for us. He said if 80 or so people call and if a Florida Ghibli owner would let him look at the car and test it out, we may have a solution. If you are interested in this potential device, or if you are a Florida Ghibli owner that may be willing to have them run an engineering check on the car, please call Bobby at

Toll Free (USA) - (866) 477-3336 Ext. 106

Please keep us all posted on this thread if you contact them so I may keep a
record of potential interested parties akin to a marketing survey to see if this can get done

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As to both questions:
1) The unit would activate all functions while in motion, including dvd viewing for the passengers; and
2) The QP system is different

·
Registered
292 Posts
If anyone is interested.....

I just spoke with Jay at Nav TV. He stated that they already have the unit that we need for our Ghibli's (90% sure). He offered to do a group buy for all of the members at a reduced selling price. Retail is $499, Twenty people is $450, and Forty people is $350.....

Reactions: bretov

·
Registered
159 Posts
A lot of units out there have a hack whereby you connect up the brake wire to the ground. I remember doing that to my old Clarion unit allowing you to use all functions whilst in motion.

Not sure the Uconnect is more smarter about this though?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I assure you that this unit is much more complex than your old Clarion. We are currently awaiting verification for the bypass. Once we have that we will announce functionality, and availability.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for jumping in here, Jay!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let's all get together on this....
If anyone is interested in the unit PM either me or ssipes as we are working with Jay at Nav TV and we will put a list together and send it to Jay. I am sure the more interested the better the ultimate price.
Steve

·
Registered
312 Posts
Oddly enough, I DO have to hit "accept" like everyone else, however I can enter a "where to" address on the NAV while in motion.

It's the exact opposite on my 300c.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A local Maserati dealer was kind enough to loan us a new Ghibli today.

Nav-TV is proud to inctroduce the GHIBVIM. We have confirmed destination entry, email, text in motion. We are working to add a few more features for you, so give us a couple weeks to finalize the product.

We will provide disassembly instructions (it's easy, but a little disconcerting when you're guessing), as well as wiring and mounting instructions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I too, like tjsbeer, am able to do nav while the car is in motion. Wonder why that would be different vs. others with same model/model year?

Anyway, don't know if you can also add this one Jay to the list of features you're adding, but it would definitely be nice to display songs from my Bluetooth-connected iPhone on the MTC screen. Currently all I can do on the MTC screen is skip forward/back one song at a time and pause/play. I can't search and select artists, songs, playlists, etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just wanted to voice my own interest in this product. If the price:feature ratio is attractive, and I can DIY; I'm sold.
same here

Reactions: tjsbeer

·
Registered
1 Posts
If the ghibvim is available I'm in

First post on this forum, happy ghibli owner and desperately looking for the in motion solution. If available please let me know and I will buy on the spot!

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wouldn't call it easy, but we will provide instructions for disassembly. To remove the bezel you need to be brave...it doesn't feel like it wants to come off, but it does.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well Jay,
I see we have people interested and once installed, I sure the reviews of functionality will create increased sales here and in Europe. I can't wait until this is fully tested and ready for us.
Steve.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts