Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Just heard mine is due to arrive at the dealer in Edinburgh on Monday!
roll on the end of next week when the wagon pulls up outside the office and my new black Ghibli rolls off! Am guessing there will be many nose prints on the office windows!

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
B19JLS - Congratulations on your new Ghibli!!! I'm sure your like an expectant parent with your nose will be up against the window too ... looking at your new Ghibli!!
I know window or no window I still stare at the glistening Ghibli in my garage too!!

Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Cheers BeerGuy! Seems like I have been waiting for ages! But was fortunate to jump a build slot, order to delivery - 9 weeks. Next week my baby will be here....can't wait!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just been advised by Gray Paul Solihull that mines due in w/c 17th November 2014. new blue emotionne V6D with 7K of goodies on board. One of the first ones in Worcestershire I believe, very excited, ordered early July.

·
Registered
112 Posts
@Richbrewery- I ordered mine end July and was told sept build for oct delivery, but still no sign!

The dealer has no idea as the Masersti order status is stuck at 20, but he has cars at build status 20 and are parked on the forecourt.

Did dealer mention reason for delay?

It's all a bit frustrating.......

·
Registered
32 Posts
Essex: Diesel, with 14K extras, but no way satisfied...Poor build quality, Rattles, poor sound, poor feel on the road...compared to my previous car...JagXJ, this is like a toy car:(...will surely change in 36 months:|

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ghiblimusic - I placed my order 2nd week of July, I was advised following the summer factory shutdown in early September that it would be week 48 (end of Nov), I received a copy of the Maserati factory production screen dump this week which shows at gate release 15th Nov and then forecast deliver w/c 17th Nov. I've always been expecting it round about now, sorry I cant help with an explanation over your delays.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks. I have also been told 2weeks to delivery. Dealer can't specify as one system says at gate release and the other system says final build. Either way in starting to feel excited!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just picked my new Ghibli
Got them to take off the paddles as in the way of switch stalk
So far it is really nice
Worried about all the negative comments though

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just picked my new Ghibli
Got them to take off the paddles as in the way of switch stalk
So far it is really nice
Worried about all the negative comments though
Congratulations again. I am assuming yours is a 2015 model and there are hardly any issues on the 2015s that I've seen. Maserati seems to be doing pretty well lately getting the annoying issues resolved with the 2014s with the recall campaigns. I m sure your worries will quickly vanish once the complements start pouring in. Enjoy your new Ghibli. Cheers mate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Registered October
Diesel
Came with lots of extras including up-rated sound system
Will let you know how I get on ☺

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hi guys
So I've had my Ghibli Diesel since 1 June and use it every other day swapping between an S350 sport & a BMW 530DM Sport, and every time I get in it puts a smile on my face AND without any doubt, turn peoples heads.

interestingly, I have only seen 3 other Ghibli's in the last six months, of which one is a friend.

Anyone know of anyone getting rid of any 20" wheels in the Essex area; I've got the standard 18".

D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Sorry, forgot to ask, anyone heard of any recalls I should be aware of ?
mine drives perfectly, except the Heating isn't very good but I hear this is common.

D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Loads of problems with this car
Mostly software issues power steering light, no lights options near gear lever at times, sound has a mind of its own and increases, decreases at will, really laud crackle when phone activated, tires skip all over the place etc etc
Could go on and on!

I will report all to dealer and let you know how I get on.
Sad thing is that all the forums mention these same faults which Maserati do not seem to be able to resolve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I'm looking at the diesel poss April delivery but,after reading your review and others not sure if I should change or stay with BMW Bristol.
How are you getting on.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I note from our friends across the pond there appears to be quite a problem with brakes squealing & front wheels shuddering.
Would be interested to hear if these problems were common amongst UK owners with diesel units.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have any UK diesel owners purchased the 'service pack'? Dealer mentioned it when I was buying, but now at service time, the same dealers after sales dept have never heard of it....

21 - 40 of 54 Posts