Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New to the forum & considering the base petrol Ghibli :)

What kind of discounts did people get in the UK on the Ghibli?

Seems our American counterparts have managed from 5-10% discounts - any luck in the UK with that kind of discount?

·
Registered
12 Posts
could have got £1500 maserati dealer discount on a diesel but decided to go petrol and lease instead. Petrol, ferrari engine is it for me, ordered March -heart over head!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed - I'm all for the petrol too ( just sweeter).
Was the diesel discount for a custom order?
Did they indicate the discount possible on the petrol version (assume more discount given higher price)?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Diesel was base car plus paint, 20" urano alloys that was it......sorry when I decided to lease not pcp the discussion on cost of car stopped.
Did find the lease monthly cost on same period and mileage was substantially cheaper than the PCP equivalent though, I got the dealer and my agent to quote me for both.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you lease do you still get to order spec to your liking and What price did you lease for? May explore and do the maths.
Also who did you use?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I doubt you would get much of a discount here for custom orders as the volume of RHD cars made seems to be low.

I was a sucker and ordered before they had arrived in the UK so could not negotiate but in the end the lease cost was so favourable I went in that direction via my dealer. If there are stock cars you may be able to shop around for lease prices and save a little.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When you lease do you still get to order spec to your liking and What price did you lease for? May explore and do the maths.
Also who did you use?
Got petrol v6 on lease specced same as diesel option for £760/month all in. 4 yr/48k.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My custom order made in Feb:
Diesel £48600
Metallic:Grigio £660
Skyhook: £2045
Shift paddles: £245
Elec seats :£980
Elec steering column: £330
Velour mats:£90
Premium service pack:£1200
Reg and tax; £230
Measly discount; -£630
Total:£53,750 OTR - hard cash!

Collecting from Dick Lovett Sporting Swindon within the next week.

I was told they simply don't do discounts on Maserati. Then managed to negotiate this tiny £630 equating to 1.2%! I am obviously not a good negotiator. I recommend you shop around.

If I had had any more funds the next item on shopping list would have been bigger wheels, but the extra £980 for 19" or £1960 for 20" just could not be justified.

Good luck with your hunt!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all Of you for replies.

I'm on a budget which basically needs a reasonable discount to get into the Ghiblib hence the question.

I got told the same thing- Maserati
Don't do discounts but clearly they do!
we've seen it in the US and now here.
@seaninog - Where did you buy from and when?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks to all Of you for replies.

I'm on a budget which basically needs a reasonable discount to get into the Ghiblib hence the question.

I got told the same thing- Maserati
Don't do discounts but clearly they do!
we've seen it in the US and now here.

@seaninog - Where did you buy from and when?
I think the discounts depend on when you catch them for sales targets and I caught them at a good time. I tried Dick Lovett in Swindon but they were only offering about £1500 though from what has been posted here they've clearly tightened up on that since I bought my car.

I placed my order in March (always a good month to buy with the new plates out - salespeople have incentives) and if you want to know who from then PM me as I'd rather not broadcast it on the forum.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
If it helps, I have just negotiated (after a very hard struggle!) for the diesel with prem sound, foot mats & laminate privacy glass - 3 years 13K miles per year @ £730 / month. I know the leasing agents get approx 10% discount on the standard pricing, hence the reason they are cheaper to lease than to purchase (accidentally viewed the dealer order at under £46K). just need to wait till mid July for delivery!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
So let me see if I work that out right:

£730 pm for 36 months is £26,280
The base price of the car you've described is probably about £50,000??
I'm assuming you still have to pay for serving over that period or is it a full derive lease you've got?

This assumption aside, it means after 3 years they are saying it will only be worth 50,000 - 26,280 = £23,720 (not counting the cash flow benefit you've enjoyed over that period which is obviously what the lease 'price' is paying for).

Is that good value? I genuinely don't know. What do people think? For starters, have I worked it out right and is it a fair calculation that I'm doing?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
close enough, except the payment profile is 3 x 35, therefore first payment is £2190, followed by 35 payments of £730. Total cost over 3 years is £27,740. My company gives me a car allowance and pays a mileage fee which covers fuel and servicing, probably a bit different to most.
yes base retail price would be about £50K.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's probably dependent on personal preference and circumstance.

If you're keeping the car longer than
3-4 yrs then my understanding is cash buy is better.

I always find it difficult to compare lease and cash buy.

At the end of the day- it's all
down hill as price goes!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts