Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, this is picture of air intake of 2015 Ghibli Base

Some liquid on air intake seems very odd as there are no pipes nearby which can do this

Engine and all other pipes which I can see from top and bottom of the car during oil change seem perfectly dry. The leak is small, i.e. it is visible, but collects over significant amount of time. Also, you can notice that it goes more to the RH intake pipe and LH intake pipe is perfectly dry

I can't tell for sure if it is oil or coolant but looks more like oil

The question is still where from it can be? I thought it may be oil spill during change but it doesn't seem so as space around oil cap seems more covered with dust than picture

Please, provide some suggestions.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would try some brake clean or similar, on a rag and clean everything off and see if it comes back. It's hard to say from the picture there; but could have been from the oil change.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
56 Posts
It looks like the rubber boot is not snug to the "flange" (for want of a better word) on the pipe. I would loosen the clamp and move the rubber boot in a downward direction based on the picture, then re-tighten.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, this is picture of air intake of 2015 Ghibli Base

Some liquid on air intake seems very odd as there are no pipes nearby which can do this

Engine and all other pipes which I can see from top and bottom of the car during oil change seem perfectly dry. The leak is small, i.e. it is visible, but collects over significant amount of time. Also, you can notice that it goes more to the RH intake pipe and LH intake pipe is perfectly dry

View attachment 20928

I can't tell for sure if it is oil or coolant but looks more like oil

The question is still where from it can be? I thought it may be oil spill during change but it doesn't seem so as space around oil cap seems more covered with dust than picture

Please, provide some suggestions.
That's the turbo air intake hose, something like that, yours is torn, same thing happened to mine, dealer replaced it under warranty, you will lose power, I believe the little bit of oil is normal.
You need to replace it, I tried finding an aftermarket one but no luck, it comes from the dealer with the rubber hose and the plastic piece as one piece.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like it is part 304167 ($67) on scuderia but I will try without replacement

1 - 9 of 9 Posts