Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know what size turbos are on the ‘14 Ghibli SQ4?
And is it possible to upgrade those turbos?

·
Registered
238 Posts
There are no bolt on upgrades. The turbos are built into the exhaust manifold which complicates things a bit. There are companies that can "upgrade" the stock turbos for higher performance. If you're seriously considering it, you may want to buy a used set from a parts car and send those out to be upgraded since it will likely take weeks or longer to do and your car won't be out of commission during that time. Then you can resell your stock ones to recoup that expense.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are no bolt on upgrades. The turbos are built into the exhaust manifold which complicates things a bit. There are companies that can "upgrade" the stock turbos for higher performance. If you're seriously considering it, you may want to buy a used set from a parts car and send those out to be upgraded since it will likely take weeks or longer to do and your car won't be out of commission during that time. Then you can resell your stock ones to recoup that expense.
What all performance upgrades could I do to my ghibli?

·
Registered
40 Posts
No they come from a shop in Germany, they also do turbo upgrades for the Giulia QV - a friend of mine has them. However that particular place didn't do a great job on his and they had to be redone.... twice.

No it isn't a standard fare turbo upgrade, but they are very much available. They are also dumb expensive, so not worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are a few options for tuning it to the moon, decat downpipes, full exhaust, one place makes carbon fiber airbox upgrades, but honestly exhaust and tune will get you way too much power for the car.

www.formuladynamics.com is a shop here in Vegas that offered several items

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are a few options for tuning it to the moon, decat downpipes, full exhaust, one place makes carbon fiber airbox upgrades, but honestly exhaust and tune will get you way too much power for the car.

www.formuladynamics.com is a shop here in Vegas that offered several items
Thank you for the insight. I found the carbon fiber intake boxes and fabspeed has a pretty nice decat full exhaust with valves for about 7500.00. Do you have any suggestions on a chip tune?

·
Registered
37 Posts
What are you trying to get out of them? Get a Pedal Commander for easy peasy power that already exists in the Car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts