Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Has anybody considered upgrading from base brakes to SQ4 set?
I wonder what parts need to be ordered and what would be an approximate cost.
The squeaking noise of base model brakes is so annoying and who knows when the fix will be available.

As always I look forward to hearing your wise opinions!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Might as well just buy an upgrade set directly from Brembo as those are the OE manufacturer for the SQ4 brakes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hello,

Has anybody considered upgrading from base brakes to SQ4 set?
I wonder what parts need to be ordered and what would be an approximate cost.
The squeaking noise of base model brakes is so annoying and who knows when the fix will be available.

As always I look forward to hearing your wise opinions!
Hi lucmed,

My name is Howie from MaseratiCares (Maserati NA).

Brembo have developed new front brake pad/rotor assembly. The new front kits (rotors and pads) were expected to be released last month. The most recent rear brake pads released are the final solution for that section.

I would advise you check with your local dealer to see if you can get the upgrade.

Thanks,

Howie - MasertiCares

·
Registered
863 Posts
@MaseratiCare, just on a side note can you please tell us when Maserati have the stock for the all season Michelin tires that are being sold as promotions.

I have heard from my dealer its back ordered, can you please help in this matter. Since its almost winter and its a not a good idea to drive with Summer performance tire.s

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi lucmed,

Brembo have developed new front brake pad/rotor assembly. The new front kits (rotors and pads) were expected to be released last month. The most recent rear brake pads released are the final solution for that section.

I would advise you check with your local dealer to see if you can get the upgrade.

Thanks,

Howie - MasertiCares
Dear Howie,

Thank you very much for your response. I had the car at the dealership for 2 days last week and one of the issues were the brakes. The dealer did some temporary fix (lubrication and some ?polishing and rounding of the pads shape) but they were not aware of any new parts/permanent solution - and I specifically asked for it.
Could you be so kind and provide a little more specific information - bulletin number/parts numbers? It would be extremely helpful. The dealer recognized my brakes issue as a definite problem and was trying his best to help, but again - looks like he was not aware of this new development.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Would

Howie,

Please do provide us with a TSB number or something as my dealership has no clue about this permanent fix either.

They have tried to alleviate the sqeaky problem with minor cleans/fixes but no permanent solution.

The car is back to situation where it sounds like I am skinning a live pig when I brake!

Thank you

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally Posted by lucmed[quote name="MaseratiCares" post=118530]Hi lucmed,

Thanks,

Howie - MasertiCares
Dear Howie,

Thank you very much for your response. I had the car at the dealership for 2 days last week and one of the issues were the brakes. The dealer did some temporary fix (lubrication and some ?polishing and rounding of the pads shape) but they were not aware of any new parts/permanent solution - and I specifically asked for it.
Could you be so kind and provide a little more specific information - bulletin number/parts numbers? It would be extremely helpful. The dealer recognized my brakes issue as a definite problem and was trying his best to help, but again - looks like he was not aware of this new development.[/QUOTE]

Hi lucmed,

You are very welcome.

At the moment I do not have bulletin numbers or parts numbers, but I will post them of this thread for all to see as soon as I get them.

Thanks,

^Howie - MaseratiCares

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally Posted by flamingwicky@MaseratiCare, just on a side note can you please tell us when Maserati have the stock for the all season Michelin tires that are being sold as promotions.

I have heard from my dealer its back ordered, can you please help in this matter. Since its almost winter and its a not a good idea to drive with Summer performance tire.s
Hi flamingwicky,

Your local dealer should offer them, but pricing varies among dealers, so we???d suggest contacting a few different dealers to see what they can offer you.

Thanks, ^Howie- MaseratiCares

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dear Howie,

Could you be so kind and provide a little more specific information - bulletin number/parts numbers? It would be extremely helpful. The dealer recognized my brakes issue as a definite problem and was trying his best to help, but again - looks like he was not aware of this new development.
Hi lucmed,

You are very welcome.

At the moment I do not have bulletin numbers or parts numbers, but I will post them of this thread for all to see as soon as I get them.

Thanks,

^Howie - MaseratiCares[/QUOTE]

Thank you for you response, I hope that the permanent fix will be available ASAP since the temporary fix is no longer effective. My dealer placed an inquiry at Maserati NA and I have not heard anything, too. Based on your earlier response it seemed like the problem was solved. Please keep us posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts