Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up the HomeLink buttons (in the Ghibli overhead console) for our garage doors today. The Ghibli Owner's manual is slightly incorrect and confusing on the topic so it took me a bit to figure it out.

I thought I would create this post to help clarify a few things.

Please turn to page 123 in the Ghibli Owner's Manual.

See where it says the instrument panel will display "CLEARING CHANNELS" and "CHANNELS CLEARED"? yeah...that doesn't happen.

This YouTube video is more accurate on what actually happens:

Same goes for the next section on the Ghibli Owner's Manual on page 123, "A-Programming a Rolling Code". Nothing shows up on the instrument panel when following those steps, but the video above has it right.

Basically, if you have a HomeLink enabled garage door opener, clear the channels (if desired) then complete these steps:

[DO THESE STEPS WITH YOUR CAR OUT OF THE GARAGE AND NOTHING IN THE WAY OF THE GARAGE DOOR]

1. Hold your old garage door opener remote near the Ghibli overhead console and hold down the remote's garage door button and the Ghibli's overhead console button at the same time. The light in the overhead console should blink slowly then rapidly.

2. Press the Ghibli's overhead console button to see if all is good so far. If the overhead console light blinks rapid then goes solid, step 1 was successful.

3. Go in the garage and press the "Train" button on the garage door opener mounted on your garage ceiling.

4. Within 30 seconds, return to your Ghibli and push the button on the Ghibli's overhead console for 2 seconds. The overhead console light should blink rapidly.

5. Wait a few seconds, then hit the Ghibli's overhead console button to see if your garage door goes up and down.

Works like a charm!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Homelink Trouble

I had trouble getting my Homelink to recognize the handheld "clicker" code. I spent an hour plus trying different things, reading blogs and even calling LiftMaster. No luck. Even went out and replaced the batteries in the hand held. What ultimately worked for me was moving the car away from the garage, linking the hand held to the Home link, driving back up to the garage and continuing the sequence as described in the manual (minus the part where it says that the information is displayed on the instrument cluster). Work the first time! 16th time if you count all the previous attempts while following instructions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The homelink doesn't work, the instructions are wrong and incomplete but, look at the bright side atleast it doesn't rattle when you drive like the rest of the vehicle.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had no problems setting mine up with a lift master garage door opener and a community gate. I thought the instructions in the Ghibli user manual were the best I had ever used for Homelink.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
No problems for me either setting up

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2 chamberlain liftmaster 1/2 hp garage door openers. One stopped working 2 years ago because the sensors are messed up, and now the 2nd one stopped working for the same reason. I tried lining them up next to each other so the beam of light would be totally aligned, but no cigar. I tried cutting the wires and completing the circuit, nothing. I thought I could just easily bypass the sensor by shorting it or whatnot. Not the case. Has anybody had trouble with these? Anybody know how to bypass the sensors so the door can go down again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts