Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm baaaaack. I'm starting a new thread because that other debacle is behind me and I'd like to keep it that way. PLEASE DO NOT ASK WHAT HAPPENED because I cannot and will not share any details -- Not in this thread, not in a PM, not over email, and not even at the NJ meet on Sunday if I happen to be there. Thanks in advance for your understanding!

2015 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 in Rosso Energia >:D
High gloss Carbon Trim
Nero interior with Rosso contrast stitching
Sport setting suspension
Extended leather
Red brake calipers
Premium package
Premium sound
Alcantara roof lining and pillars
Sport 20" package with polished Uranos
MSRP $92,800

It's dark out and drizzling but here are a few teasers until I can get some better pics up.

Also, I have an appt tomorrow morning to dip my rims in gloss black. Thoughts?

EDIT: BTW, those are the Winters already on the car

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
Looks really, really nice ... Congratulations (again) on your NEW arrival.

You've moved up from the classy to Grigio Mareata with Cuoio to the bold and sporty Rosso Energia with Nero, (really like that red trim and carbon)!!!!

Reactions: TheJackal

·
Registered
172 Posts
You have tried to evangelize you bad experience like no others and then? All the crap you gave to Maserati where is going now? Got another Ghibli, really? And I mean really?
Go back and read all the crap you gave to YOUR car! I bet your car is the best now and Maserati is customer service is great...right?
You are right and you better shut up going forward since your credibility is lost.
Now enjoy the beauty and the fascinating feeling of an high end car

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
54 Posts
You have tried to evangelize you bad experience like no others and then? All the crap you gave to Maserati where is going now? Got another Ghibli, really? And I mean really?
Go back and read all the crap you gave to YOUR car! I bet your car is the best now and Maserati is customer service is great...right?
You are right and you better shut up going forward since your credibility is lost.
Now enjoy the beauty and the fascinating feeling of an high end car

just my 2 cents
Not difficult to see the tactic that was in play all along. Personally I think it was poor form but hey, to each his own right.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Congratulations - and welcome to the forum (again)

DD

Reactions: TheJackal

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the continued support (mostly).

you better shut up going forward
Nice one but you won't get me to pick a fight! I don't ever recall attacking another forum member here but I know I've helped many, especially with their lease deals. Have a great day! :D

I went ahead and dipped the rims in gloss black this morning. After a 5+ day cure I'll add the trident in color matched red back to the center caps. Car's a bit dirty from the rain here last night but wanted to share anyway.

·
Registered
863 Posts
whats that you dipped the wheels in and how much did it cost.. looks very nice on red color with red calipers.. sharpest looking car i have seen.. in some time.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whats that you dipped the wheels in and how much did it cost.. looks very nice on red color with red calipers.. sharpest looking car i have seen.. in some time.
Professional PlastiDip job from DipOne.com.

Only $159! I missed the October $99 special but not a big deal. If I really like it a week from now then I'll go back for the red tridents on the center caps (was quoted $20) and I'll get an estimate from a 'chrome delete' for the window trim, the side and rear badges and the vents.

I like that it's completely removable if you decide you don't like it (or when you need to turn in a lease).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Stop bashing this person. Many years ago I had a very expensive European car I considered a lemon taken back (after many problems) by the manufacturer without a formal vehicle is a lemon determination or litigation. Part of the full lease refund transaction was a confidentiality agreement. This situation appears similar to my experience.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I kinda of agreed with @mlsghibli ... he must have signed a confidentiality agreement.. and cannot speak now.

But all his ranting at least gave him his car. One thing i just wanted to add here and with all due respect @TheJackal, when i told you that hopefully you will get a new car and be done with it you went on saying you are done with Maserati and regret buying it and will never buy it again. And here you are.

I felt you went a little bit overboard. Sometimes you get a bad piece and if you can get it replaced with a good one then all is good.

Enjoy your new beauty now..

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I kinda of agreed with @mlsghibli ... he must have signed a confidentiality agreement.. and cannot speak now.

But all his ranting at least gave him his car. One thing i just wanted to add here and with all due respect @TheJackal, when i told you that hopefully you will get a new car and be done with it you went on saying you are done with Maserati and regret buying it and will never buy it again. And here you are.

I felt you went a little bit overboard. Sometimes you get a bad piece and if you can get it replaced with a good one then all is good.

Enjoy your new beauty now..
Yes, I did say something similar to that at the time. My exact response back in Oct was this (entire post copied verbatim, I looked it up). Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. EDIT: I'm also done commenting on the past. Whatever everyone's perception is will be their reality. I still plan to try and contribute here in a positive manner going forward.

But what i really hope is that you dont turn a black eye on the car itself...
...Hopefully your other experience would be a complete turnaround of this...
Well, I'm done with this actual car. I don't even want to drive it. It's been in my garage since the CEL on Monday with the exception of one quick local appt this morning out of necessity. The dealership is just waiting on MNA. They don't want to take my car in at this point. I don't want it repaired anyway.

I did agree to the possibility of a replacement vehicle (equal or greater value with minimum of the same options and color choices). A replacement is the only option for a 'turnaround' as you mentioned. That is the only way I stay in a Maserati. However, this one was trucked in from CA because there weren't any others available. I'm not even sure a 2014 replacement even exists out there.

If a refund is the resolution then I will be looking at other options. If I wind up with a refund I will not be back in a Maserati.

The last option is an unfavorable decision from Maserati and then I'll be going through NJ Lemon Law which means I move away from Maserati as well.

So, unless they offer me a replacement vehicle, there will be no turnaround.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Awesome... i sure do hope you contribute positively. Also would love to see you in the next meet next year. when ever and where ever that happens..
@Spsesq are you planning the next year meet?? 0:)

Yes, I did say something similar to that at the time. My exact response back in Oct was this (entire post copied verbatim, I looked it up). Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. EDIT: I'm also done commenting on the past. Whatever everyone's perception is will be their reality. I still plan to try and contribute here in a positive manner going forward.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think the fact that TheJackal is back here shows how passionate he is about the car and how overall great car Ghibli is.
I am very glad that Maserati NA took care of the problem! (my assumption). I totally understand why he can't share any details.
The color/wheel combo looks really attractive - is it easy to remove the plastic? How much does it cost to remove it and does it require another visit to the shop?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts