Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove from Canada to SW Florida in 2 days. Ghibli performed flawlessly, burning zero oil and averaging 33 mpg. Seats were comfy, and the mediocre audio system played audio books the whole way. Only glitch was I had to unplug and replug the iPod to get the car to find it, after the car had been shut off - maybe the old iPod's problem and not the car's, who knows.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great to hear. Even better, you're now in Florida!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just drove from Canada to SW Florida in 2 days. Ghibli performed flawlessly, burning zero oil and averaging 33 mpg. Seats were comfy, and the mediocre audio system played audio books the whole way. Only glitch was I had to unplug and replug the iPod to get the car to find it, after the car had been shut off - maybe the old iPod's problem and not the car's, who knows.
Connect with Bluetooth. No issue with me.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Nice to hear some more positive feedback on our cars! Great news and congrats!

Reactions: UKGhibli

·
Registered
357 Posts
2 days in you Ghibli on a transcontinental drive-lucky you.
33 mpg is amazing. Official fuel economy numbers are 15 city/ 25 hwy (19 combined). I guess most of the miles were in ICE mode.
I am struggling to get 18 mpg. Tried ICE mode for better mileage but the Ghibli felt like a defanged cobra and so I said to heck with it and went back to the FUN/sport mode.

So, is 18mpg in sport mode in local/ county roads with speed limits between 25-50mph normal? Actually in the beginning I was only getting 14mpg.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Was that MPG on US fuel (i.e. 81, 83 octane)? Thats great to hear. Im thinking of taking mine to back to MN from florida about a 1574 miles 23 hours trip.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was that MPG on US fuel (i.e. 81, 83 octane)? Thats great to hear. Im thinking of taking mine to back to MN from florida about a 1574 miles 23 hours trip.
Most was US fuel, Shell premium. I should point out that the 33 mpg was calculated by the car. I zero'd trip "B" at the beginning of the trip and checked it when I got to my winter home and it said 33 mpg.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good to see such great fuel numbers. I have 93 premium by me I typically use especially since the cost is down to $3 per gallon for it now. Makes it worth it especially if we're going to see those types of MPG numbers.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Were you not on any of Utah's 80 mph highways? Vegas to Salt lake is 70 in Nev. then 80 in Utah. If doing 80 you get passed a lot!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I thought the speed limit was 75 :) anyway, it was a great run and started playing with screens and tools so cruise control at 80 was more than enough :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Bob,

There might be an update for your Ipod if it is an older one. Does your Ipod have Bluetooth? You could connect that way.

Hope that helps!

Howie from MaseratiCares (MNA)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Very interesting thing about our Ghibli. I made a few long distance trips of over 200 miles since I have had the car. I noticed that due to the engine tuning the car get BETTER gas mileage when the speed is over 70 mph.

I averaged 24-27 mpg at 70 miles per hour and only 21-23 at 55-65 mph. I am no engineer but I guess the engine burns more efficiently at higher speeds. This 33 mpg figure at ICE and at 78-80 makes perfect sense if I am getting 24-27 at 70 mpg. Oh, and the other constant here is we are all using 91-93 octane gas. I use Costco or BP.

Steve

·
Registered
357 Posts
Very interesting thing about our Ghibli. I made a few long distance trips of over 200 miles since I have had the car. I noticed that due to the engine tuning the car get BETTER gas mileage when the speed is over 70 mph.

I averaged 24-27 mpg at 70 miles per hour and only 21-23 at 55-65 mph. I am no engineer but I guess the engine burns more efficiently at higher speeds. This 33 mpg figure at ICE and at 78-80 makes perfect sense if I am getting 24-27 at 70 mpg. Oh, and the other constant here is we are all using 91-93 octane gas. I use Costco or BP.

Steve
Good observation mate. I noticed the same too and didn't know what to make of it because traditionally best mpg is around 50-55 mph.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts