Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,
I got my new SQ4 last week and am loving it. There are a few issues that I have noticed that have not been discussed on the forum. From the day I test drove my car, I noticed a fine vibration in the glass of the driver's side, side view mirror. Its functional but enough to be an annoyance causing slight double vision of kinds. I can notice it at speeds above 50mph on flat good roads. I took it in for the dealer to look at it and the service agent noticed it too and contacted Maserati. They sent Maserati a video of it as well and Maserati thinks it is within the "acceptable" parameters. When you compare it to the passenger side itself, it is definitely noticeable. My wife who is not too fussy to begin with caught it the first time she drove it without me saying anything and she has 20/20 vision.

I also noticed it on the loaner car I got for the day when my car was at the dealer. How can this be "acceptable" when cars that cost 1/3rd the price don't have this issue? I'm assuming they didn't have enough complaints to warrant a fix. Does anyone have this issue as well?

Its a beautiful car with lots of small issues but I love it, wish they could fix them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've not noticed it while driving, but turn up the music and boy does it vibrate... Along with the windscreen and rear view mirror, and the rear glass above the hat shelf (even though I have no sub).

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
I never noticed it. I was curious and just did a mini road trip this afternoon to see for myself and nothing noticeable to me.

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have left messages at 3 dealerships. Still waiting for a single call back.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghibli_rebelleHey Guys,
I got my new SQ4 last week and am loving it. There are a few issues that I have noticed that hasn't been discussed on the forum. From the day I test drove my car, I noticed a fine vibration in the glass of the driver's side, side view mirror. Its functional but enough to be an annoyance causing slight double vision of kinds. I can notice it at speeds above 50mph on flat good roads. I took it in for the dealer to look at it and the service agent noticed it too and contacted Maserati. They sent Maserati a video of it as well and Maserati thinks it is within the "acceptable" parameters. When you compare it to the passenger side itself, it is definitely noticeable. My wife who is not too fussy to begin with caught it the first time she drove it without me saying anything and she has 20/20 vision.

I also noticed it on the loaner car I got for the day when my car was at the dealer. How can this be "acceptable" when cars that cost 1/3rd the price don't have this issue? I'm assuming they didn't have enough complaints to warrant a fix. Does anyone have this issue as well?

Its a beautiful car with lots of small issues but I love it, wish they could fix them.
Hi Ghibli_rebelle,

My name is Howie from MaseratiCares - MNA's official online customer service manager.

The driver's side mirror has a glass cut at a different angle compared to the passenger side mirror. The vibration you are experiencing could be due to the tires or the road surface your are driving on.

If the the vibration persist, then take your car into your local dealer for further inspection.

Regards,

Howie - MaseratiCares

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Howie, I am waiting to instal the all season tires as soon as they become available and I will let you know if that fixed the problem. It can not be the road surface as it was seen on good interstate roads. It was verified by the service agent as well. He also took a video of this and sent it to Maserati for their review.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just got my sq4 on Wednesday and just noticed the vibration on the window today. There's no way in **** the mirrors should vibrate on a car this expensive regardless how fast or bumpy the roads are.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts