Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are still so few Ghiblis about that spotting one is a rarity.

I spotted a dark grey Ghibli on foreign or trade plates on the roundabout at Tescos in Hatfield. The first one I have seen on the road.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Could be the diesel demo car at HR Owen (St Albans)?

I drove it a couple of weeks ago - very nice.

Having a test drive in the "S" tomorrow, then I'll decide whether to go pertol or "oil burner"!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I saw a champagne one in late December and I was so irritated because I wasn't driving my Ghibli at the time so we could look at eachother and nod. :p

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was test driving a Ghibli S around Southend on Sea, Essex this morning.

Blue Passione (not as nice as Emozione IMO), but a very nice car.

Stopped by police as there was a question mark over insurance of the car!

All sorted quickly but the salesman was suitably embarrassed!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Decided three mnutes ago........................................................diesel!

Probably Blue Emozione with Cuoio interior.

Plus:

Sport pack, premium pack,convenience pack, privacy glass and double laminate windows, skyhook, front seat heating (for the little lady) and velour mats (£90 - still can't believe they are charging me for these!!).

Service pack to be added when details come through.

And finally, a really nice "extra" polish finish so it stays looking good for a few years!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Decided three mnutes ago........................................................diesel!

Probably Blue Emozione with Cuoio interior.

Plus:

Sport pack, premium pack,convenience pack, privacy glass and double laminate windows, skyhook, front seat heating (for the little lady) and velour mats (£90 - still can't believe they are charging me for these!!).

Service pack to be added when details come through.

And finally, a really nice "extra" polish finish so it stays looking good for a few years!
just curious but what about the diesel made you want to go with it over the other?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had my first diesel with my previous car - a beautiful Alfa Romeo 159 ti.

The Ghibli is a great car, but much more expensive than I have paid for a car in the past. I was prepared to pay the extra £4K cost of the petrol as opposed to the diesel but was so impressed with the diesel when I test drove it, and quite frankly going from a 2.4 diesel Alfa with 210 BHP, to a 3 litre Maserati with 275 BHP, it was an easy decision.

I've been interested in a Maserati for a couple of years, but new ones were really out of my price range and I prefer to buy new cars. The Ghibli just gets inside my price range and the fuel economy of the diesel also helped me convince "the management" that it was a good idea.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was that any of you in a white Ghibli on Davies Street, Mayfair on Saturday.

I also followed and was followed by a Grantourismo on the A1 as he was checking out the Ghibli.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts