Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

Just took the plunge on a new SQ4. Always a bit nervous on new "entry models". Grigio on Black with Black Rims/silver calipers. Was on my second Jag XFR-Speed Pack, when I realized it simply wasn't fun to drive anymore (dang Eco button!!). Went shopping for another car. Looked at Audi S5, S6, Jag F-type. Was a previous owner of 2 Porsche, M3, and a C63. Drove the Maserati and loved it. Coupled with an aggressive lease rate and a great new ownership in Indy, I was sold.

Positives:
Engine Sound
Performance
Looks
Dealership. The last one failed here because of attitude. I doubt that happens again.

Neutral:
Interior design. Love the gear boxes, holders, USB, power outs. Ok with the Jeep interface (same as my '14 Jeep SRT). Definitely needed the upgraded trim to ebano.

Negative:

Qualify below statement: I tested this on Bluetooth music while test-driving. Will put it through a more rigorous test soon.....

"premium sound" Wow. I will have to aftermarket mod this (see GREAT thread here on this). After being spoiled with the 2010 Jag B&W, and to a lesser extent the 2013 Jag Meridian systems, this is quite a step down. Can't even imagine standard sound...a transistor radio?? I had to remind myself of the porsche "upgraded with Bose" stereos in their Caymans...absolute garbage....this is 100% identical. I am an audiophile and a huge B&W fan, but $5k extra on a rare option is a bit much. Plus, if this "upgraded" is so mediocre, how can I be sure if I ordered a B&W, if would pass muster? I will say that I have upgraded Harmon/Kardon in the '14 Jeep SRT and that system, is quite amazing. Not sure how this is such a miss.

·
Administrator
2,390 Posts
I think we all know that overall you won't be dissatisfied with your selection. The many positives and exclusiveness of this car is overwhelming compared to the few negatives.

The premium stereo is one negative ... my interim solution on a nice day is turn down the volume and switch into sport mode and listen to the Ferrari audio ... which is pretty hard to beat (IMO).

I know you'll enjoy the car ... I too looked at the XFR, but figured I'd take the Maserati and let my wife drive the Jag:):):).

Welcome to the Maserati family!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, mbo! I opted for the base sound system for three reasons: after reading all the threads it didn't seem either upgrade was worth the cost, while I do enjoy music I'm not that much of an audiophile, and I felt I'd rather listen to the car's engine/exhaust most of the time.

Enjoy the positives and don't look back...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, and Grigio/black/black, powder coated 18" Alfieri rims, Silver calipers and Premium sound.....

This car is amazing. The XFR is a distant memory. Even for the wife...who is out driving this right now :~).

·
Administrator
2,390 Posts
Looks really sharp ... not many that I've seen with the black powder coated Alfieri rims. ENJOY!!!

My wife is afraid to drive my Ghibli ... combination of too much power and scared she'll do something wrong or put a scratch on the car:rolleyes:

Reactions: mbo222

·
Registered
140 Posts
Beerguy - My wife's the same way. Unfortunately, this makes it worse on the few occasions she does need to drive it!

MBO - The black powder coated wheels really make it sinister looking - it looks great!

Reactions: mbo222

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nice car, congratulations.

Indianapolis, every time I see this city's name I must think of a program on discovery investigation called "Murder shift", heavy stuff but nice to see how law works there.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Congrats... and Like Todd said.. once you are driving the car... you would care less about the audio..

You will enjoy the car in the days to come. do you have the paddle shifters..?? If so give it a spin in sport/manual mode..

BTW how did you got the black rims.. is Maserati offering them??

Reactions: Rpinola
1 - 13 of 13 Posts