Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My name is Kevin. I'm a potential/future Ghibli owner. I stumbled on this forum by mistake. But, it has been a blessing. So much useful information and experiences. I have decided on the options for my S Q4. I would like my fellow members opinion on my exterior paint choices. My first choice is Nero Ribelle or Grigio Maratea. I'm interested in your opinions.

And to my fellow forum members that live in VA what dealership are you working with or used? I looking to get the best deal possible.

Thanks guys,
Kevin

·
Administrator
2,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum it has a lot of useful information. It helped me understand some of the pros and cons plus gave me insights into how much to push for a good (fair) price.

I originally wanted something different and unique for the Ghilbi but kept coming back to the Nero Ribelle and Grigio Maratea which are outstanding.

The tie breaker for me on why I chose the Grigio Maratea Metallescent finish was really a personal choice;

* The metallescent finish really sparkles and I like how the color reflects differently depending on light source.

* The dark gray color better accented the Ghilbi's curves and lines than the Nero Ribelle.

* The Nero Ribelle looks fantastic when clean, but I have a high gloss black Escalade which shows every fingerprint and spot, (and swirl). I thought the Grigio Maratea would be a little more forgiving on hiding imperfections. Although the metal flake in Nero Ribelle should minimize imperfections and nicely sparkle in the right light.

* Lastly ... Having a black Escalade cemented my decision to go for the Grigio Maratea Metallescent.

Really, there are a lot of standout colors in the Ghilbi porfolio ... hard to make a bad choice.

Per your comments on best deal; Check around on the forum for recent discounts folks are getting depending on whether you want to pay cash, finance or lease for in stock inventory or special orders. Another savings opportunity is to 'build your car" and have your dealer search Maserati inventory coming into the NJ port that are part of Maserati dealer inventory. You might get lucky and get a better discount than the same car on special order.

Reactions: 757ghibli

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum it has a lot of useful information. It helped me understand some of the pros and cons plus gave me insights into how much to push for a good (fair) price.

I originally wanted something different and unique for the Ghilbi but kept coming back to the Nero Ribelle and Grigio Maratea which are outstanding.

The tie breaker for me on why I chose the Grigio Maratea Metallescent finish was really a personal choice;

* The metallescent finish really sparkles and I like how the color reflects differently depending on light source.

* The dark gray color better accented the Ghilbi's curves and lines than the Nero Ribelle.

* The Nero Ribelle looks fantastic when clean, but I have a high gloss black Escalade which shows every fingerprint and spot, (and swirl). I thought the Grigio Maratea would be a little more forgiving on hiding imperfections. Although the metal flake in Nero Ribelle should minimize imperfections and nicely sparkle in the right light.

* Lastly ... Having a black Escalade cemented my decision to go for the Grigio Maratea Metallescent.

Really, there are a lot of standout colors in the Ghilbi porfolio ... hard to make a bad choice.

Per your comments on best deal; Check around on the forum for recent discounts folks are getting depending on whether you want to pay cash, finance or lease for in stock inventory or special orders. Another savings opportunity is to 'build your car" and have your dealer search Maserati inventory coming into the NJ port that are part of Maserati dealer inventory. You might get lucky and get a better discount than the same car on special order.
Thanks for the welcome BeerGuy.

To be honest Girgio Maratea was my first choice. But, when I went to the dealer back in October for a test drive and to get more information. The salesperson kinda talked me out of that color and leaned me to Nero Ribelle. Don't get me wrong Ribelle is a beautiful black but I'm not that interested in black cars. Never owned one and I figured they would be to hard to keep clean. And also seeing the fact they didn't have a car with Maratea on it to look at made it more difficult to decide. But, thanks to this forum it seems to me most of the members on here have chosen Girgio Maratea for there cars and thanks to the pictures it looks stunning. I'm convinced that I will go with that color seeing it was my gut pick from the beginning. and you should always follow your gut.

I have two questions for you.

1. Is the leather of the luxury package that much different for the standard (if you can call it that) leather?

2. What was your thought process if deciding on 20" Urano wheels over the 21" Titano's

Also could you post or send me a picture of your interior? I curious of how the Cuoio interior looks against the Girgio Maratea exterior

·
Registered
324 Posts
  1. yes, _much_ better quality
  2. the 20s look just right on the Ghibli, just the right size and are well suited to its luxury/sporty dual personality. The 19s would be my second choice, they look nice and don't look too undersized. The 21s look ok, the size isn't bad, but the overall look has a bit of aftermarket ghetto going on. Could be just me. The 18s are the worst choice, they are just too small for the Ghibli's large wells; the Ghibli looks like it's wearing its little sisters shoes. (all my opinion of course)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Welcome and I agree the standard leather has a hard and rougn feel to it. Get the Luxury package the leather is much better.

·
Administrator
2,414 Posts
Agree 100% ... the luxury package leather is definitely preferred.

In addition to looks and functionality of the 20" wheels, I was a little concerned on the 21" further lowering the profile and at the limits of the Ghilbi suspension.

This link (if it works right) will give another view of the Cuoio interior. Incidentally, I also found this dealer had the best prices to benchmark against in my negotiations.

Maserati Chicago:: 2014 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 S Q4 - Pre-Owned Inventory

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you BeerGuy, Etodd31856, and rsm for y'all advice on the luxury package. And the opinions on the wheels. Did any y'all get the luxury plus package?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol, Etodd so am I that's why I was asking. Where are you? Cause its been 70+ the past few days here in VA.

·
Administrator
2,414 Posts
Yes to luxury plus. I figured if I was going to splurge on the Maserati, I might as well get the extras. Although the velour carpet and that rear sunshade might have been a little more than I would have ordered separately ... but came as part of the package(s).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought my Ghibli SQ4 from Ferrari and Maserati of Washington in Sterling. Great experience and love the car. Rosso with Cuoio interior. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sfrost5 who was your sales person there. I'm working with Antoine there. Did you buy something off the lot or was a custom order?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I also bought my Ghibli S Q4 from Antoine. He was awesome. I custom ordered but a car very close to what I ordered came in before mine did, so I grabbed that one instead.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Blu Emozione with Cuoio. The options include premium package, sports package, sport proteo wheels, extended leather, premium sound, blue calipers, and the shiny ebono wood trim. I know the other Ghibli guys like their Grigio Maratea color, but I am really happy with the blue. I've never had a proper blue car before and the Ghibli looks great in blue. If the new bright red color was available when I ordered my car, I would have considered that as well. That's another color I've never had. Though I did have a very orange Mazda3 when I was younger. That was a looker as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I agree with Etodd. Nova you definitely need to post pics of the color combo especially the pics of the blue calipers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts