Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had my first really wet Ghibli drive today after 1500 miles with hardly a drop of rain.

A 100 mile round trip in very poor conditions (that's the English summer for you). The car performed brilliantly. Stuck to the road like glue and that included a lot of twisty turnies in the countryside.

God I love this car!

My wife and I are off to visit relatives in the north of England on Tuesday. It's a 500 mile round trip and my wife's cousin can't wait to see the car. I'm not a show off by nature but I'm really looking forward to seeing him and his wife who loves Italian cars.

Must get her nicely cleaned and polished before we go (the Ghibli not my wife's cousin's wife!). That's my Sunday sorted!;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree... mine's got Pirelli P-Zero on 20"Uranos.. and you ?
Dunlop Sport on 19 inch proteo as part of the sport pack.

Had P-Zeros on my last Alfa Romeo and they were great.

Was on 35,000 miles on the rears before I changed to the Ghibli.

Fronts did about 16,000 a time, so no too bad for a front wheel drive 159 ti.

Of course we have different size tyres back and front now, so no chance to move them around which I did once on the Alfa.

I wonder what people think about tyre mileage on the Ghibli? Too early to judge, but I don't suppose there are many who buy a Maserati and worry too
much about how long the tyres may last!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting that on my base petrol ghibli with 19"proteo I have continental tyres. Normally a manufacturer would fit common brand accross all wheel sizes on a model.

·
Registered
480 Posts
USA...SQ4 AWD with19 Inch Proteo wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3 all seasons....I too wonder why such a diverse use of tires across the platforms....

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Tires are used based on availability at any given in certain regions. Mine are Pirelli, but on the dealer lot some cars are using the Contis.

The pirellis are low right now around the USA. So I would suspect many new builds will have the Contis or Michelin.

I am not a fan of Pirelli. I have had 3 pirellis blow out on my mercedes in 5 yrs. already went thru 1 Pirelli on the ghibli so far, $350 for new one... Ugh..

When I changed it will def be Michelin or conti. Really depends on who has better incentive at the time. Also switching to "all season" summer tires are not needed IMO unless you are driving at speeds over 100mph and nailing turns super hard.

·
Registered
15 Posts
found this from Pirelli the way I read this Pirelli are saying they are the approved tyre (in UK?) but I've not seen a ghibli with them on

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts