Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's always fun to see what everyone here drove leading up to their Ghibli. Since I asked it, I can start! These are the last few cars I've had the pleasure of owning/leasing over the last few years!

My 2011 E93 M3:

My 2012 Mercedes Benz C63 Edition One:

My 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera:

My 2012 BMW Z4 sDrive35is:

My 2012 BMW 750i Msport:

My wife's 2012 Infiniti FX35 Limited Edition:

And lastly my newest and most favorite of them all, my 2014 Ghibli SQ4!

·
Registered
236 Posts
People were posting their former rides in the "How old are you" thread. Here are some of mine.

2000 Lexus IS300 stolen in White Plains. Was loving the car so got a 2001 Lexus IS300.
Moved to 2004 Infiniti FX35.
Then 2008 BMW 335xi (with Helix Attache ECU piggyback tune)
2012 BMW X6 50i and just bought 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Altitude JKU 3 months ago. Played with it for the summer and just handed the keys to my son who turned 17 a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
357 Posts
All awesome cars there my friend. Very nice.

Started with Chrysler K series with 160000 miles given to me by friend in 1993 when I just came to the US and transmission died at 165K miles. My first car I bought was 1994 Honda Accord 10 th yr ed.- no repairs just maintainance for 85K miles. And then in 2000 Audi A6 (my first sport sedan). 2004 BMW 640, 2009 Porshe Panamera and now the 2014 base Ghibli-my best car so far. The Beemer and Panamera were very nice and a lot of fun to drive but both were very early launch year cars and had a lot of problems but being the first one to drive was a plus in the end. Regret having waited a year to get the Ghibli. Cheers.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Really great cars here! I love the looks of the Mercedes Benz C63 Edition One!!!! and yh the VW golf is also 1 of my favorits.

·
Registered
863 Posts
@StickBreitling How does it feel like to shift from a FF to a Ghibli.. and did you wife made you sell the FF :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Bashing 7 series never gets old.. ROFL.. By the way do you still own the Caterham 7 ... its amazing how fast and fun that car is..

Plus 7 series which was so dull I never bothered taking a picture

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
159 Posts
@StickBreitling How does it feel like to shift from a FF to a Ghibli.. and did you wife made you sell the FF :)
Yeah the wife made me sell the FF

The Ghibli is much easier to live with - more space, less petrol, speed is sensible, size is easier to handle. The exhaust sounds brilliant in tunnels. The FF does have that sense of occasion though. Some days I'm glad I have the Ghibli, other days I miss the FF.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Very nice pics. It's easy to like a ride like that. Nice mods too. I had an e90 335xi in metallic black with saddle interior with Ecu tune, M3 rims, blacklines, blackout grilles and badges, euro headlights, smoked led markers, burlwood shifter, sunglasses holder with led custom mod, hard wired V1 radar detector, CF hood, trunk, and wheel emblems. I'm sure I'm missing a dozen small items.

Edit: also had h&r lowering springs. Bought kW v3 coilovers that sat in my garage and were never installed. Same goes for a color matched trunk spoiler and a painted front bumper.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts