Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks like the stuff used for refrigeration in the glovebox no?

·
Registered
258 Posts
It is a tweeter.

Looks like metal dome with a neodymium magnet. Interesting that it's made in France.

This reminds me of the time I found a BMW inspection pen in my 3 series. Some line worker probably dropped it under the seat.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It is a tweeter.

Looks like metal dome with a neodymium magnet. Interesting that it's made in France.

This reminds me of the time I found a BMW inspection pen in my 3 series. Some line worker probably dropped it under the seat.
Wow nice work Nova. Was wondering how you knew it was made in France and then I could see it when I enlarged the pic.

·
Registered
357 Posts
So did you finally figure out what that thing is Schnippy. Nova seems certain that it is a tweeter and if it is then you have a problem with your sound system No?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the same way as Nova, but where it comes from is a big mystery... I've send an e-mail with the pics to my dealer but had no response yet, in 2 weeks I have to go for a kid-seat and the rear sunscreen thats blocked and then I will know what it is or maybe sooner if the dealer reply my e-mail :) I let you guy's know.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think it's likely that the worker grabbed a couple of tweeters to put in to the sail panel where the tweeters are, put one down in the glove box, got distracted and forgot that it was there. He probably went back to the car some time later, shrugged his shoulder and went grabbed another tweeter.

You will be able to determine if you are missing a tweeter pretty easily:

Play this video on your phone and played through your stereo via bluetooth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bJ0dvAl98k

As the music pans from the left to the right, if one side is missing a tweeter, you'll notice a big change in sound quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts