Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 20.6%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Longtime Audi owner

Currently in an Audi S5, had two different S8's before that. Thought long and hard about an RS7 before pulling the trigger on a Ghibli. Just felt it was time for something different...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sold my 2012 CTS-V for the Ghibli. Hated every moment of owning that car. Had various cars before that in the last several years.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Five Alfa Romeos in the last 25 years.

Great cars, but nothing in the current range that suits me.

I just love Italian car designs and engines, so the Ghibli is an obvious choice for me, although the most expensive car I have ever owned - sorry, will own, when it it is delivered next month(hopefully!).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Five Alfa Romeos in the last 25 years.

Great cars, but nothing in the current range that suits me.

I just love Italian car designs and engines, so the Ghibli is an obvious choice for me, although the most expensive car I have ever owned - sorry, will own, when it it is delivered next month(hopefully!).
Exactly the same for me. Sold an Alfa 166 V6 3,2 and I'm driving Alfa's since 1979/80.
I still have 2 Alfa's : 8C Spider ( limited Edition) and my little beauty a Giulietta Spider 1960 both in Alfa-red of course...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting how many are coming from "other" cars then the usual suspects (porsche, audi, bmw). None from Lexus and would have assumed more from Mercedes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
As your selection is very U.S.- oriented I could imagine that the 7 others are outside USA. Like me with Alfa Romeo 166. This brand is just not available in the USA-yet I have to add if Sergio M. really wants to do what he says.
That BMW/AUDI - majority doesn't surprises me at all. It's certainly the same here in Europe, with the exception of ex- Alfa drivers which just had no serious offer in the E- class anymore.They are more "driver cars" than Mercedes in the general public view and specially have a sportier image. I could imagine that some S-class drivers rather change to the new QP than to the Ghibli. There are obviously some Mercedes -cars which are very good "driver cars" - I think you have some in your garage- but I think that the typical Ghibli-driver is more in the AUDI(S-versions)/BMW- corner what your statistics shows anyway.
What surprises me a little bit is that there are very little Jaguar drivers who changed to the Ghibli.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mainly BMW/Audi drivers…what's interesting is a lot of guys with history of owning BMWs and realizing BMW has gone soft lately…not nearly what they were in the past. Am I right or wrong?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mainly BMW/Audi drivers…what's interesting is a lot of guys with history of owning BMWs and realizing BMW has gone soft lately…not nearly what they were in the past. Am I right or wrong?
Ding!

Seems some people have a difficult time understanding that although the Ghibli isn't a gleaming cube of perfection, it's still in most ways astronomically preferable over a BmwAudiMb. In addition, they can't quite comprehend that a Maserati owner can critique the car and be quite critical of it's flaws and at the same time applaud it. Put another way I won't kick my supermodel girlfriend out of bed for wearing cheap jewelry...

·
Registered
117 Posts
BMW has gone soft and South from a reliability standpoint but the Ghibli is the first competitor gave what BMW I used to love about BMW-The way the car drove.

·
Registered
312 Posts
2011 Chrysler 300C

1 - 20 of 32 Posts