Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
If not the Maserati Ghibli, which competing cars are you considering to purchase, and why?
I was originally set on the 2014/15 BMW M4, but it was taking too long and honestly I don't want to have BMW all my life ('04 745i, '07 335i, '13 X1 for gf). If not that, then potentially the Tesla Model S.

Then I discovered this car and fell in love. Wanted something different then the now pedestrian German executive business sedan, but less than $100k.

If only the interior of the Ghibli were more refined and updated...it would be perfect.

But I'm still 90% going to get this car. Have to test drive it first of course.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had my eyes on a new Mercedes CLS or perhaps a BMW M5 (also a Bimmer fan).

Like AoshichanX, I need a test drive before I am completely sold.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I really love what BMW is doing with the 4-series coupe and hoping they will one day make a 4 series gran coupe, I think that would be a BMW that will compete directly with the Ghibli.

M6 gran coupe just seems to be in a higher segment than the Ghibli, high enough that it's out of Ghibli price range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really love what BMW is doing with the 4-series coupe and hoping they will one day make a 4 series gran coupe, I think that would be a BMW that will compete directly with the Ghibli.

M6 gran coupe just seems to be in a higher segment than the Ghibli, high enough that it's out of Ghibli price range.
The Ghibli is most certainly a 6-Series and 6-Series GranCoupe competitor, not a 4-Series GranCoupe competitor. Ghibli is not exactly a cheap car, even if it is the entry Maserati!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The other car that I have a close eye on is the BMW 5 Series. I just learned about this new Maserati Ghibli. I'm trying to learn what it is all about.

·
Registered
277 Posts
nothing really. I am a fan of Maserati and my gransport is getting old and starting to become extremely unreliable.

The Ghibli is in my price range and I like how it looks. Can't wait to get it. Especially after seeing that driving video :)

·
Registered
64 Posts

The Ghibli is most certainly a 6-Series and 6-Series GranCoupe competitor, not a 4-Series GranCoupe competitor. Ghibli is not exactly a cheap car, even if it is the entry Maserati!
I guess it really depends on what market you are in. In the US market, this is how I feel:

the base Ghibli competes with the 4 series gran coupe, 535i, E550, Audio A6.
the Ghibli S Q4 competes with the 550i, S6, CLS, A7

the future Ghibli with the Ferrari sourced V8 will compete with the M5/M6/RS7/CLS63

but then again I think the CLS/A7/6 series gran coupe are more the size of the Quattroporte, albeit much less in price

The other car that I have a close eye on is the BMW 5 Series. I just learned about this new Maserati Ghibli. I'm trying to learn what it is all about.
Was considering 550xi LCI
I love the 5 series. I love the interior, the looks, everything. Only thing is that it is so common where I live. I see at least 35 a day.

Then I'd have to modify it to make it unique, and I just want a unique car I can / have-to keep stock within my budget. I think the Ghibli is the answer :D

A commonfolk like me can own a new Maserati! hurray...

·
Registered
284 Posts
I guess it really depends on what market you are in. In the US market, this is how I feel:

the base Ghibli competes with the 4 series gran coupe, 535i, E550, Audio A6.
the Ghibli S Q4 competes with the 550i, S6, CLS, A7

the future Ghibli with the Ferrari sourced V8 will compete with the M5/M6/RS7/CLS63
that's exactly how I see it too, the way the Ghibli trims will be like are pretty much like how every european car maker has theirs. You mentioned BMW and Mercedes, and the Ghilbli trims follow the same pattern.

Can't wait for a V8 Ghibli!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I did some more pricing research, here it is:

(all prices listed are base MSRP unless otherwise noted, taken directly from Manufacturers' websites)

Maserati Ghibli - $65,000.00
Audi A6 - $42,200.00 / Prestige Trim - $56,950.00
BMW 450i Gran Coupe - ?? 5X,XXX.XX?
BMW 535i - $55,700.00 / MSport,Premium,Tech,Luxury - $64,975.00
Mercedes E550 - $61,400.00
BMW 550i - $62,700.00
Audi S6 - $71,900.00

Maserati Ghibli S Q4 - $75,000.00
Audi S6 - $71,900.00
Mercedes CLS - $72,100.00
Jaguar XJ - $73,200.00
BMW 640i Gran Coupe - $77,100.00
Porsche Panamera - $78,100.00
Audi S7 - $78,800.00

the future Ghibli with the Ferrari sourced V8
Mercedes E63 - $88.900.00
BMW M5 - $90,200.00
Mercedes CLS63 - $95,900.00
Porsche Panamera S - $93,200.00
BMW M6 Gran Coupe - $113,000.00
Porsche Panamera GTS - $113,400.00
Jaguar XJR - $116,000.00
Audi RS6 - $126,000.00
Porsche Panamera Turbo - $141,300.00

but size-wise, again, I think the CLS/A7/6 series gran coupe are more comparably to the Quattroporte, albeit much less in price

·
Registered
71 Posts
[but size-wise, again, I think the CLS/A7/6 series gran coupe are more comparably to the Quattroporte, albeit much less in price[/QUOTE]

Its important to consider that the Qp is now a completely different car designed for a completely different customer. Its 10" longer and its overall stance is more of a limo (most certainly geared towards the Asian market). Makes more sense to see the 2014 Ghibli as the replacement for the 2013 Qp.

The A7 (my current car) and Ghibli are the same size (195.7") and pretty close on price point. The Qp is almost a foot longer and $70k more when its all said and done.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Guys,

Was told of a 991 deal and couldn't pass it up. Ended up finalizing a deal out-of-state. Car is set to arrive Monday.

My sales rep took a few low-res pics; attached.

I'll be back; by then I'll be able to get the contrast stitching I want and everything else :)

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts