Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered bianco/cuoio. Questions are:

1. Are 20% tints too dark? I want it to look sweet, just not like a drug dealer.

2. What are some other details I can do to make the cat stand out?

3. What makes those headlights look blue on the ghibli forum homepage?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Hey! Welcome to the forum. I, like you seem to want to do, tinted my windows immediately upon taking delivery. I went with 35% on the brown interior and I think it looks good. Tinted windows are a personal preference but in my opinion I think 20% is a bit too dark.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'd say depends regionally. Here in Cali, plenty like it darker, but we get summer sunshine nearly all year long. I've got 20s and works well for me.

One thing that might tilt your decision is ceramic vs metallic tint. It might be harder to find a ceramic vendor who carries the darker shades depending on which line they carry. Metallics you typically have a broader range.

·
Registered
284 Posts
personal aesthetics aside....

As for how to make your light look blue, basically swap out your existing D3S bulb for something in the higher kelvin temp ranges. 8000K-10000K should give you that look. Blue headlight film will also work (Lamin-X for instance) and will give you a blue color headlight while not on.

Typically, lights like the one in the banner aren't really that blue though.... it's either simple photoshop or playing with white balance on camera which makes pictures of lights bluer than they are in person.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just put 30 in over the weekend and it looks great. Not too dark that I'll get pulled over but dark enough. Night visibility was fine for me, even with the auto dimming mirrors.

·
Administrator
2,410 Posts
I used 3M Crystalline for all windows but front windshield. Technically my state only permits 70% on sides, but chose 50%. Best decision for me ... Huge difference in heat transfer and nice crystal clear look during day and night.

For front windshield I used HuberOptiks ceramic 70% to stay legal. Again excellent heat and UV reduction. Although, must admit the Huberoptik is not as clear as Crystalline ... Can see a very slight haze occasionally depending on how light passes through.

Reactions: mutant9

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I live in Chicago, with Michigan plates. @BrooklynGhibli, yours looks amazing. @BeerGuy, you're saying 30% all around, and 50% on the windshield?

Also, our auto art guy is saying that there's only two categories: 20-25%, and 30-35%, basically one or the other. Thoughts?

·
Administrator
2,410 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Window tint

Hello Everyone,

I just tinted my Ghibli 35%. Not sure I like it. I think it takes away from the classiness of the vehicle especially for a female. I will post pics later

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
339 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did 20% ceramic all around and 50% ceramic for the front. Gives it a nice tint for daily driving but not too much for night driving. Looks great on the blue emozione!
Scott

1 - 14 of 14 Posts