Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

Whats the best extended warranty for a 2015 Ghibli SQ4

26K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  MHilton 
#1 ·
Whats the best-extended warranty for a 2015 Ghibli SQ4. The car has 37K miles.

#2 · (Edited)
I scheduled a date for early next month to take my ‘14 SQ4 into the dealer to have the inspection done to get the Maserati 2 year extended warranty (as my factory warranty expires at the end of September). As my car was just in for scheduled service recently, the service manager said that it was just a formality and was required by Maserati before granting the warranty.

I’m sure there are some fine 3rd party warranties, but I figured it would be best to get the actual Maserati warranty, as all of my service will be done at the dealer.

I was told it would be ~$3700 for the 2 year extended warranty.

#26 ·
Hey are you willing to speak to me in reference to owning the GHibli? I'm considering buying one in the next few days.
I scheduled a date for early next month to take my ‘14 SQ4 into the dealer to have the inspection done to get the Maserati 2 year extended warranty (as my factory warranty expires at the end of September). As my car was just in for scheduled service recently, the service manager said that it was just a formality and was required by Maserati before granting the warranty.

I’m sure there are some fine 3rd party warranties, but I figured it would be best to get the actual Maserati warranty, as all of my service will be done at the dealer.

I was told it would be ~$3700 for the 2 year extended warranty.

#3 ·
A lot of the aftermarket warranties that I saw at the dealer are absolute garbage and find ways not to cover most issues. The extended Maserati warranty is a pretty decent bang for the buck. I had a customer that had a rear main seal leak (15.0hr job out of warranty) and the warranty declined it when extended warranty would cover it. So that $2800 repair would pretty much cover the cost of the Maserati extended warranty. Plus most dealers that I know of would try to cover a lot of your issues under warranty so you'd make out better in the end.

Just my 2 cents. You get what you pay for.

Reactions: MileHighMaserati
#4 ·
Also since your car is a 15 with 37k miles I can pretty much guarantee soon you'll need the "executive package" as we called it - carbon cleaning, fuel injectors/fuel rails, oil breather, plugs/coils, the whole nine. Not a fun one to pay for out of warranty.

#6 ·
Just got my car new and already worrying about (future) carbon buildup.

Too bad FCA didn't utilize a dual injection system (both direct and port) to wash out the inside of the valves with fuel spray.
So pure direct injection it is.

I'm sure you've seen CNC's direct injection valve cleaner.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/CRC-05319-Intake-Valve-Cleaner/dp/B00PHNQKR2[/ame]

Any experience using it? Seems to get rave reviews.

#8 ·
Just got my car new and already worrying about (future) carbon buildup.

Too bad FCA didn't utilize a dual injection system (both direct and port) to wash out the inside of the valves with fuel spray.
So pure direct injection it is.

I'm sure you've seen CNC's direct injection
valve cleaner.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/CRC-05319-Intake-Valve-Cleaner/dp/B00PHNQKR2[/ame]

Any experience using it? Seems to get rave reviews.
Only real way to clean these valve properly is to remove the intake and close the valves and clean them from there. And if Maserati used multiple forms of injection you’d have plenty more issues...

Haven’t seen any carbon issues with the newer 17 and 18s. A lot of the problem with these cars is from the engine timing and the stupid oil change intervals being so large (12,500). The timing for these engines is completely derived from oil quality. The cam phasers in the front of the cylinder heads have small pintle valves that adjust the timing of the cams but when oil breaks down around 6000 miles they jam up and your timing isn’t perfect, therefore you reduce the efficiency of the burn and you get the carbon buildup. I always advise my customers to do their oil changes more often.

That and fuel quality is not the same as in Europe so when they design the software for the ECM it’s not for our quality of fuel, it’s for theirs. All comes down to engine timing and software with these cars.

#7 ·
I purchased the Delta Protect Extended Warranty for my '14 Ghibli SQ4 just before the factory warranty expired. . Three years/50k additional miles with zero deductible. The single sum premium was $2,800.
https://deltaautoprotect.com/
I did some checking before hand and feel pretty comfortable that it will cover the major (read, expensive) repairs and will cover work done at the dealer, including their $199 hourly labor rate. The only negative I have found (not first hand) is that they reserve the right to source expensive parts themselves. Some have observed that the repair was held up at the dealer a bit so they could independently obtain the part.

#18 ·
I purchased the Delta Protect Extended Warranty for my '14 Ghibli SQ4 just before the factory warranty expired. . Three years/50k additional miles with zero deductible. The single sum premium was $2,800.
https://deltaautoprotect.com/
I did some checking before hand and feel pretty comfortable that it will cover the major (read, expensive) repairs and will cover work done at the dealer, including their $199 hourly labor rate. The only negative I have found (not first hand) is that they reserve the right to source expensive parts themselves. Some have observed that the repair was held up at the dealer a bit so they could independently obtain the part.
do you still like them.

#9 ·
Just wanted to come back and say that my experience with the dealer to get the MNA extended warranty was a simple process, and as of today, I now have my 2 year MNA extended warranty. They did the inspection yesterday, and I just came back from picking it up.

Good to have a little extra peace of mind for the next 2 years, even though the car has been flawless and was amazingly well taken care of by the previous owner.

#11 ·
The 2 year warranty from Maserati cost me $3700. I had seen people saying it would be about $3600, so it was in line with what I was expecting.

I will say, the inspection is very thorough, so I can see how some people have said that they wouldn't approve their cars. They even noted on the paperwork I saw that I had put some of the "logo" door lights on. lol Basically, they put it through the same inspection they do on certified pre-owned cars - the paper work they gave me even said "CPO" on it now.

I can see how someone who has done any mods on their car would possibly not get approved. I even took out my BMC air filters and put the stock ones back in to be safe.

#13 ·
I took a quick look at the paperwork, and the breakdown is $3265 for the warranty, and $435 for the inspection, which is what brought the total to $3700. So, while your inspection costs more, you won't be that much over than what I paid provided that the warranty price is set by MNA (I'm not sure about that one).

#21 ·
I got a 5-year, 75,000 mile service warranty for my 2015 Ghibli S Q4. Covers all major repairs (any not due to normal day-to-day wear and tear). I can also take my car to any Maserati dealer, or a licensed and Maserati certified mechanic. Cost: $4,500. Again, I thought it was very fair with very good coverage (that I hope I will never use). Call Infinity Auto Protection to learn more. I never felt pushed by a high-pressured sales person which I really liked. Hope this is helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.