Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rjp71 posted a not-so-obvious feature that apparently tells you the highest speed your car has been driven.

http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/ma...54-recorded-mileage-delivery-2.html#post62034

I finally got around to checking mine and discovered that either somebody at Maserati was having a fun day at work, or my wife has some explaining to do. We picked up the car with about 60 miles on it, if I remember correctly.

Attachments

·
Registered
863 Posts
Really .. 165.. awesome.. As for the wife part.. you are better off not asking her.. :) lolz..

·
Registered
312 Posts
rjp71 posted a not-so-obvious feature that apparently tells you the highest speed your car has been driven.

http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/ma...54-recorded-mileage-delivery-2.html#post62034

I finally got around to checking mine and discovered that either somebody at Maserati was having a fun day at work, or my wife has some explaining to do. We picked up the car with about 60 miles on it, if I remember correctly.
That's pretty cool. I didn't know that was there.

·
Registered
292 Posts

Looks like I will be on the losing end of this one, 113 MPH. Factory or before me, I would never do anything like that. >:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wish we had an open road out here in NYC to try to reach that number... mine came with 125mph, I so far go it up to 110-115mph

·
Registered
117 Posts
For those who didn't click on the link, my speed said 107 from the factory.

I wonder if the engines are run on a dyno at the factory. This may explain the high speeds. I doubt there is much time during the delivery process to run all the cars at a high speed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just checked today - 115 mph on mine.

Edit: As much as I'd like to take credit, this speed was not set by me. Hoping it was the factory and not the dealership, though I'm surprised they don't reset these stats to zero once the car leaves the factory.

Reactions: NYCSQ4

·
Registered
76 Posts
108 mph

guess I have some work to do here;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
113 mph here ( I got the car with 51 miles).

It wasn't me, so based on this thread having some ridiculously high speed already recorded it appears to me that it might be result of some testing. I doubt it that this happen in dealership (since many of you encountered high speed and purchased the car from different dealers).

FoxBeat

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm surprised they don't reset these stats to zero once the car leaves the factory.
I would not be surprised that they didn't know about this feature in GPS of Ghibli. After all this piece of equipment was not made by Maserati in the first place.

FoxBeat

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would not be surprised that they didn't know about this feature in GPS of Ghibli. After all this piece of equipment was not made by Maserati in the first place.

FoxBeat
yh I think that 2, for me I will drive the autobahn in Germany to see whats the highest speed is that I can reach. (once I have my car ;)) with my audi I did 227km/houre = 141miles/h (I could go faster but I had a lugagebox on my roof)

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
113mph for me.
Not sure if it was me or the factory.
I know I've been close but, I'm not sure I got it to 113.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm in a loaner. Should get my car end of this week or beginning of next week. I'll check my car on delivery. For the loaner it was 106, and then changed to 112 yesterday. Weird. :)
Whatever could you mean..... >:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
GPS max speed is totally unreliable. It's calculated in very short intervals (nearly instantaneous) so if there's a momentary locational misread - even by 50 yards or so - it will completely throw off the calc. In my portable GPS unit (also a Garmin like on the Ghibli) I saw at some point last year that it had my max speed at 615 mph!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Got a pleasant surprise and got a call from my dealer today. My car came in today so I was able to take delivery this afternoon. This is one of the first things I checked during the pre-delivery inspection. Car had 37 miles on the odometer and 57 mph as top speed.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts