Votes: 2 5.7%
  • OPTION 7

Votes: 14 40.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about possibly adding some new wheels. I like many of the stock Maserati options but wanted to look at some aftermarket wheels as well. I really like the ride and design of the stock wheels I have but visually I'd like to make a stronger statement. I'd like to keep pricing on the moderate side, under $500 per wheel. The ones below are some examples by Fondmetal (made in Italy) and Ace Alloy which are manufactured in Taiwan.

Check out the below and let me know your favorite. Any others I should consider?

STOCK

OPTION 1

OPTION 2

OPTION 3

OPTION 4

OPTION 5

OPTION 6

OPTION 7

·
Registered
186 Posts
They are all great looking wheels! Thank you for sharing!
I definitely like Ace Alloy Wheels Aspire model - option 2. I actually placed an order on a set (hypersilver), however the manufacturer was very honest (and Oscar is the person to talk to - a great guy!) and said that they could not guarantee the fitment for a 19" size on my Ghibli base RWD due to the front caliper size. It could go either way and they could not take a risk and got me in troubles. I really appreciated their honesty and I was able to cancel the order. They can guarantee the fit on 20" since they fit it on an actual car. I needed specifically 19" set to match it to an all-season tire set so I kept looking and ended up ordering Poseidone Elegance factory set.
If I get the 20" one day I will definitely go with the Ace Alloys' Aspire or Convex designs.
Option 7 looks really good, too - what is the name of the wheel? Is it one of the Fondmetals?
I assume that you looking for 20" wheels, correct?
I am really curious if Fondmetal guarantees fitment in 19" size on the RWD base Ghibli.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@lucmed
I'm looking to go to a 20" wheel, thanks for the info in regards to brake clearance and speaking to Oscar directly.

I really like option 2 as well. It looks like a design that Maserati could have come up with in-house.

Option 7 is the new Ace Alloy "Devotion"

I still feel I need to do some more research about the quality of the Ace wheels and if there are any issues like cracking or other failures. Whoever they have designing wheels for them definitely has talent.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Probably 1. I prefer some contract on a black car. 4 makes it a bit monotone for my taste. Will def need to be lowered to complete the look IMO

·
Registered
284 Posts
Part of me just doesn't feel cast wheels belong on this car. Really deserves forged. However, at your price point, as least you can go with some of the flow formed wheels which are stronger. Forgestar was one of the first adopters of this manufacturing method, but HRE also recently came out with a flow formed line you could look into as well. I know Aristo is coming out with a version also.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Part of me just doesn't feel cast wheels belong on this car. Really deserves forged. However, at your price point, as least you can go with some of the flow formed wheels which are stronger. Forgestar was one of the first adopters of this manufacturing method, but HRE also recently came out with a flow formed line you could look into as well. I know Aristo is coming out with a version also.
Thanks for the info, I'll check them out. Do you know if the stock wheels are cast or flow formed? I know the 22" option is forged.

It looks like Formula Dynamics sells a rebranded Forgestar. It reminds me of the B7 Audi RS5 wheel.
http://www.formuladynamics.com/products/ghibli_fdwheel_01/ghibli_fdwheel_01.php

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'll check them out. Do you know if the stock wheels are cast or flow formed? I know the 22" option is forged.

It looks like Formula Dynamics sells a rebranded Forgestar. It reminds me of the B7 Audi RS5 wheel.
Ghibli Veloce Corsa - Lightweight Performance Wheels
no idea on the stock ones, most likely heavy cast. Another few options you can look at are some of the cheaper BBS and OZ Racing lines (Tirerack is a good source) that might be in your price range. If looking at Forgestar, check out one of their main distributors Modbargains in La Habra which is more local to you. Might be able to work out a mount and install package. Ask for Alan and tell him Michael sent you.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I am a huge fan of a black car on black wheels. I voted for number six because they look identical to the Falken RT-7M I put on my wife's FX35 a couple of years back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The ACE Devotion looks awesome photo shopped, I cannot wait to see it on the Ghibli. The Aspire, Convex and Mesh-7 would also be good options. What color wheel are you going for Sizquik?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The ACE Devotion looks awesome photo shopped, I cannot wait to see it on the Ghibli. The Aspire, Convex and Mesh-7 would also be good options. What color wheel are you going for Sizquik?
I'm definitely leaning toward anthracite. With wheels, I know you get what you pay for. ACE has some really well done design work, just not sure about the quality. That said I can't find much online in regards to cracking and bending which is definiely a good thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts