Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from the cost difference what are your thoughts on the two sizes. I really LOVE the look of the 21's.

Anyone have them?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I don't have 21", but I have 20" aftermarket wheels. In my opinion. I think 20 looks just right. 21" is a little too aggressive.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just remember 21's will ride different! But they look great. I've had 21 and 22 on Audi Q7 and they did ride harder but the look was worth it!

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
There are a few 21" out there and they do look great.

Living in PA, I was concerned the 21" was pushing the limit for the car ..especially when winter comes and roads get broken up. I've ended with 20" polished Urano's.

If I was in warmer climate ... 21" would have been my choice for a distinctive look and would have added skyhook.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yesterday, I ordered a Ghibli S Q4 with 20" weehls, :) :) :)
now I'm thinking to change the Urano 20" with the Titano 21"weehls.
The vendor told me 2 negative things about the 21"wheels.
First Point : when driving long distances it becomes a bit uncofortable (bumby).
The second Point is:, (it's a bit complicate to explain) let's assume that you stand at a cross-way, your turn right or left and bring the car up to Speed. During the acceleration you will here some noise "clac-clac-clac" util you drive again straight ahead.
The noise should come from the different speed that the wheels have during this phase.
Can anyone confirm that experience ?
Thanks

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
I have the 20" Urano's with PZero and sport suspension and they ride beautiful in the summer / warm weather. In winters and fall, I use a second set of 20" rims with Sotto 3's to address the cold weather skipping. Both sets ride firm and handle great.

I was really nervous on 21" even though I wanted them initially ... dealer really pushed to steer me away due to the bad roads and weather around the mid Atlantic / Northeast.

I recently drove a Ghibli 19" and base suspension that is a more comfortable ride but didn't have the same looks IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, I have the Titano wheels and they are completely fine. Maybe when I'll drive some broken streets I'll change my mind, but so far I do not regret :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 19" Apollo wheels (matte finish) with sport suspension. Before getting the car, I was worried that the sport suspension would make the ride harsh (even with the smaller 19" wheels), but it turns out my combination rides great! Perfect compromise between great looks and sporty driving feel. I'm sure the 20" wheels would also be great but I'd avoid the 21" if your pavement sees salt in the winter.

Personal opinion, but I feel the 21" wheels look a bit too large on the Ghibli body. 19" w/ sport suspension looks great. 20" with or without sport suspension also looks great.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have had the pleasure of owning both. The 20's are great, but the look of the 21's is much better. The ride difference is almost nonexistent. Another huge plus for the 21's is the fact the Michelin makes a replacement tire in the correct size!!! This is a huge plus, as the P-Zeros are complete S*&T.

·
Registered
59 Posts
With North Jersey and NYC roads as the primary nemesis for wheels and tires, I opted for the 20"s (I'm still scared about how often I'm going to have to get them repaired). The 21"s look great, though.

I've seen also some great aftermarket options (many on this forum) that enhance the look of the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
21" wheels

Hi again,
what I didn't mentioned yesterday, is that the Titano 21" wheels on the Ghibli looks (from my point of view) AWESOME :) ! !

So I wanted to focus more on the second point I mentioned in the thread and seek for feedback from 21" wheels owners.
On the other side it can't be that bad, otherwise Maserati would have taken them already out of the catalog.

The second Point is:, (it's a bit complicate to explain) let's assume that you stand at a cross-way, your turn right or left and bring the car up to Speed. During the acceleration you will here some noise "clac-clac-clac" util you drive again straight ahead.
The noise should come from the different speed that the wheels have during this phase.
Can anyone confirm that experience ?
Thanks
Ciao

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi again,
what I didn't mentioned yesterday, is that the Titano 21" wheels on the Ghibli looks (from my point of view) AWESOME :) ! !

So I wanted to focus more on the second point I mentioned in the thread and seek for feedback from 21" wheels owners.
On the other side it can't be that bad, otherwise Maserati would have taken them already out of the catalog.

Ciao

No noise at all from my 21's... I have the sport suspension.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Aside from the cost difference what are your thoughts on the two sizes. I really LOVE the look of the 21's.

Anyone have them?
i only have the 20s on mine. I saw the 21's on the 2015 and it looks perfect! If you're debating which to go, do the 21s you'll have no regrets. Does not look big at all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
21" here, absolutely love them. Look incredible and ride is fine. My winter wheels are 19" and they are definitely more cushy but not a huge difference. Would do 21" again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
;) by the way, I've decided to go for the 21" !!! ;)

looooooooking forward to get my car , hopefully before end of June .

Reactions: ssipes

·
Registered
284 Posts
;) by the way, I've decided to go for the 21" !!! ;)

looooooooking forward to get my car , hopefully before end of June .
Grats. Be sure to post pics. Went 21 myself aftermarket. Tires are a pain to find at 21 though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love my 21inch Titano wheels and lowered springs are a nice touch!

Attachments

Reactions: Dane
1 - 20 of 25 Posts