Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my last Ghibili I had the entire taillight tinted, when I had to exchange cars and got the new Ghibili taillight tinted they accidently only tinted the red part and left the middle white part untouched. Thoughts? They said they are happy to fix it to the entire taillight tinted (they would redo it), but wanted to get others thoughts if I should leave it with the middle white part not tinted or tint the entire thing.

I think the middle white part untouched makes it look clean and nice and is more of a 'middle ground' feel, but I think with my car all black, black rims, and eventually a chrome delete in the long run it's better to have the entire taillight tinted.

The front headlights this time I had them do a lighter tint so not as dark as the rear.

Thanks for your thoughts on which one!

·
Administrator
2,248 Posts
The tinted surround with only the clear center gives it a different look ... makes the center more pronounced.
If you going for the blackout theme with chrome delete I'd do the full tail light with that end in mind ... just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
313 Posts
I did mine like in the 2nd pic except I didn't leave that red bit like on your pic, I tinted that too. And not quite as dark tint.

In hindsight, I would have tinted over the clear part, just not as dark as you have in the first pic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all! I had them fix it and tint over the clear part. And I tinted the front headlights but a much lighter tint on the front side.

It looks like the same tint level as yours the first picture was just bad lighting

·
Registered
313 Posts
let's see a pic!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks all! I had them fix it and tint over the clear part. And I tinted the front headlights but a much lighter tint on the front side.

It looks like the same tint level as yours the first picture was just bad lighting
I'm curious why you would tint the front headlights..you know..the ones you use to light up the road to see where you are going at night? Doesn't it make things less bright?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm curious why you would tint the front headlights..you know..the ones you use to light up the road to see where you are going at night? Doesn't it make things less bright?
Understandable question. I would say you really have to know what you're doing.

1) The tint on the headlights is only smoked and half the tint as the dark taillight tint.

2) When you tint front headlights you normally would need to add an HID kit to balance out the tint. The good thing with the Ghibili Gransport is it comes with adaptable LED headlights which were already super bright so I didn't have to upgrade the light bulbs. So smoked tint still shows more than enough light at night. It also makes the daylight running lights look aggressive.

3) MOST importantly! To pull this off you have to live in a major city not a rural area and an area with street lights and no pot holes. I luckily live in South Florida so a major city not in the middle of nowhere so tons of lighting, and FL roads are literally almost perfect with no pot holes. For example if I lived in the Midwest I would not tint the headlights.

4) It looks badass. Once I get the chrome delete it will be completely stealth black. Of course everyone has their own preferences though, I prefer slight mods to make my Ghibili look more unique. It gets stares everywhere I go.

Hope that helps explain why and the factors to consider.

·
Registered
43 Posts

1) The tint on the headlights is only smoked and half the tint as the dark taillight tint.

2) When you tint front headlights you normally would need to add an HID kit to balance out the tint. The good thing with the Ghibili Gransport is it comes with adaptable LED headlights which were already super bright so I didn't have to upgrade the light bulbs. So smoked tint still shows more than enough light at night. It also makes the daylight running lights look aggressive.

3) MOST importantly! To pull this off you have to live in a major city not a rural area and an area with street lights and no pot holes. I luckily live in South Florida so a major city not in the middle of nowhere so tons of lighting, and FL roads are literally almost perfect with no pot holes. For example if I lived in the Midwest I would not tint the headlights.

4) It looks badass. Once I get the chrome delete it will be completely stealth black. Of course everyone has their own preferences though, I prefer slight mods to make my Ghibili look more unique. It gets stares everywhere I go.

Yes it does...thanks for your perspective!

·
Registered
313 Posts

It does look badass, good work. And I agree, the LED headlights are sooooo bright so I can see how you're still plenty bright even with the tints. My Ghibli is the brightest car on the road at night thanks to those matrix LEDs, they are definitely noticeably brighter than the older headlights. I see my flashers/turn signals reflecting off street signs that are hundreds of feet away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts