Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok which one of u guys were ripping it up near Milwaukee and Dundee in wheeling today, fess up!

Anderson?

:)

Btw last night I was on 94 coming back from city and basically ripped tesla p85 a new one ...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ok which one of u guys were ripping it up near Milwaukee and Dundee in wheeling today, fess up!

Anderson?

:)

Btw last night I was on 94 coming back from city and basically ripped tesla p85 a new one ...
That was me…I confess!

I've torn apart two P85 Teslas so far..also had fun taking down a Panamera 4S the other day. I don't know how these people find me, but hard to resist!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Someone was honking their horn at me on Milwaukee Avenue just South of Dundee Rd Saturday now that I think about it….that was YOU veum5!!! lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
That was me…I confess!

I've torn apart two P85 Teslas so far..also had fun taking down a Panamera 4S the other day. I don't know how these people find me, but hard to resist!
I have a P85 and an SQ4 - If the P85 is trying, you can't touch it from a standing start. Maybe when going 60+...

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a P85 and an SQ4 - If the P85 is trying, you can't touch it from a standing start. Maybe when going 60+...
Both times the guy in the P85 tried to punch it at about 40mph give or take and initially he had a length on me and I blew right by him around 65/70mph…and

·
Registered
8 Posts
Both times the guy in the P85 tried to punch it at about 40mph give or take and initially he had a length on me and I blew right by him around 65/70mph…and
That's about right. From a standstill the P85 is amazing, but the SQ4 starts gaining ~50 MPH (Model S P85 also tops out at a much lower speed). Both are fun!

·
Administrator
123 Posts
Nice, Chicago guys!

I am in the West Loop 2 blocks west of Greektown by UIC, you guys should stop by some time. I would like to check one of the rides out.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
324 Posts
The Tesla should own the Ghibli in pretty much any kind of straight line speed/power contest, both from a standstill and after some given speed. The Tesla's numbers (HPs and available Torque at X speed) are simply greater than the Ghibli's. It's more a matter of will behind the wheel. Not that I would drive a Tesla... or carry a man-purse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Tesla should own the Ghibli in pretty much any kind of straight line speed/power contest, both from a standstill and after some given speed. The Tesla's numbers (HPs and available Torque at X speed) are simply greater than the Ghibli's. It's more a matter of will behind the wheel. Not that I would drive a Tesla... or carry a man-purse.
I love driving the Tesla :) but no man purse in sight (well if you count the computer bag - then maybe). The P85 is a beast from a standstill, there is nothing like it, but in the long run having a single gear hurts its performance at higher speeds. Its great numbers on 0-60 and quarter-mile runs come from the fact that it owns the lower speeds. At higher speeds the SQ4 can drop gears and seems to accelerate faster. Just my observation.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The P85 does 0-60 in 4.2s whereas the SQ4 does 4.6s, but the P85 gets all it's speed from a standstill or briefly at any speed due to immediate power delivery, but when going at a modest speed and punching it, the SQ4 as Dave pointed out will drop gears and blow it away after the P85's initial electric thrust looses its advantage. Keep in mind also the P85 tops out at 130mph and the SQ4 tops out at 176mph. At higher speeds the SQ4 will dust it whereas at a standstill to 30mph the P85 will dust it….after that the SQ4 gains quickly and passes it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The annihilation starts after 80mph. The tesla loses it's steam pretty quick. Also by the end of this experiment I was going faster than teslas top speed and about 10 car lengths ahead

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Someone was honking their horn at me on Milwaukee Avenue just South of Dundee Rd Saturday now that I think about it….that was YOU veum5!!! lol
I did no such thing. It was actually funny because I was in the fresh farms parking lot, and me and my wife are just about to get in the car and then I hear this crazy roar, my wife goes, what was that? And I go - that's a ghibli. She went - wow, that sounds nice! She's was a bit surprised that's what it sounds like from outside when accelerating hard ( and she does that a lot )

·
Registered
8 Posts
The annihilation starts after 80mph. The tesla loses it's steam pretty quick. Also by the end of this experiment I was going faster than teslas top speed and about 10 car lengths ahead
Just remember, in the real world of stop lights, the SQ4 rarely ever gets the chance to catch the Tesla P85. There just isn't time/distance before the next light to get to the top speeds that favor the SQ4. It's like the Wiley Coyote, it starts catching up and then is frustrated. :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
in the real world of stop lights, the SQ4 rarely ever gets the chance to catch the Tesla P85.
This assumes the hipster behind the wheel of the Tesla hasn't wet himself after hearing the S Q4 rev at the light. And there's the chance he doesn't notice you because he's too occupied with admiring his man-purse and vintage denim skinny jeans. But I'm sure I'm pointing out the obvious.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Speaking of self-admiration...

This assumes the hipster behind the wheel of the Tesla hasn't wet himself after hearing the S Q4 rev at the light. And there's the chance he doesn't notice you because he's too occupied with admiring his man-purse and vintage denim skinny jeans. But I'm sure I'm pointing out the obvious.
Or, as my wife says to me, "Dear, I know you're trying [and with her priceless look of exasperation] -- sometimes you're really trying...":D

·
Registered
852 Posts
RSM you are tooooooo much! Not sure I could ever cozy up to an electric engine and def not paying $100K for it that is for sure........

·
Registered
63 Posts
And the nice thing is, once you arrive at your destination, your not forced to stay with the in-laws all night waiting on your battery to charge. Do you bring the extension cord with you or hope someone has one handy? But maybe the hipsters don't go far from home?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts