Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some reviews where some people really advise to not choose for the "wifi hotspot option" but they never say why..?

Does anyone has this option on his car and are you satisfied with it or disappointed please give me some more information I still have the time to change my configuration.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We had it in our Q7. Just didn't use enough to renew. It was Sprint and worked ok.
Actually the reason i've added this option is for my 2kids, since they will both have an ipad or something similar I think it would be very useful for longs rides.
Instead of a big screen hanging on the front seats where you only can play movies on... but it must work fine then or is there another option after-market?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I went through the same debate. The wifi option was $750. If you really want it go to straight to Verizon. The quoted $120 for it including install.

The reason I didn't get it was because with the plan I have, my own phone creates a mobile hot spot the iPad can connect to and it leaves the car so if they need the wifi outside the vehicle and at a place your going to, the wifi goes with them. Consider the actual time you're in the vehicle v. The time they want to connect. It's better to have the wifi on your phone to connect since it is more mobile than the car.

For example, the mobile wifi on my phone allowed connection in the car and then when we parked, walked to the Met art museam we used the mobile phone wifi for the tour and to look up the details on the paintings. Then we found the restaraunt in the city using the wifi....You can't do that if the wifi is stuck in the car. Just make sure you get a good data plan.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went through the same debate. The wifi option was $750. If you really want it go to straight to Verizon. The quoted $120 for it including install.

The reason I didn't get it was because with the plan I have, my own phone creates a mobile hot spot the iPad can connect to and it leaves the car so if they need the wifi outside the vehicle and at a place your going to, the wifi goes with them. Consider the actual time you're in the vehicle v. The time they want to connect. It's better to have the wifi on your phone to connect since it is more mobile than the car.

For example, the mobile wifi on my phone allowed connection in the car and then when we parked, walked to the Met art museam we used the mobile phone wifi for the tour and to look up the details on the paintings. Then we found the restaraunt in the city using the wifi....You can't do that if the wifi is stuck in the car. Just make sure you get a good data plan.
The wifi option in Belgium was 847€ = $1155 bandits :(!

I didn't knew that was possible with the phone (I've got an Galaxy S4).. Americans are always much more advanced in technology, thats 1 of the reasons I love USA and Canada. (spend my holiday there every year)

Thx Spsesq, I will call my dealer to delete this of my configuration.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Make sure in Belgium you can add the service to your cell phone. Good luck. Next time you're in USA let us know.
Steve

·
Registered
852 Posts
A hot spot would work just as well I got one free when i renewed my contract with Verizon.....handles 10 devices.......y pay 1200 for it??????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts