Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
2,515 Posts
Agree 100% with the Magnuson-Moss act for in warranty period items. You need to be very diligent to document and use Maserati parts or equivalent where appropriate, and be sure they are properly installed. I would not want to save a couple bucks to put me at odds with Maserati over service / warranty. The best thing I did when purchasing new was adding the 4 year prepaid maintenance ... for the price of the car and future protection against higher maintenance costs was well worth the cost in my opinion.

Bear in mind extended warranties do not fall into the Magnuson-Moss act provision ... you are entering a service contract with Maserati. Technically, they can force you to use required parts, (usually buried within fine print). I don't think the dealers or service centers even realize and consider this all the same type of "equivalency".

Several states in US have extended drive train warranties outside the 4/50 new vehicle and 6/100 extended service contract. So again important to maintain properly even if you think your warranty has expired ... in some cases it has not and Maserati has carefully written this is the MY14 and MY15 warranty addendum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts