Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2016 Maserati Ghibli SQ4. I live in the Midwest and it has gotten cold now. When I start my car in the morning the driver side window is fine but as soon as I role it down and then role it back up. It will not seal all the way. I feel a draft and on the highway I hear a wind noise. Any suggestion? Took it to the dealer and they just charged the battery.

·
Registered
436 Posts
You might have stiff seals/guides.
Try to use silicon spray on the runners.

Does the window close all the way when you close the door in the garage?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually yes. For the silicone spray this might be a dumb question but are the runners the bottom part? Also, should I spray on the window as well? What about top weather stripping?

·
Registered
436 Posts
The runners are on either side of the window. Forward and aft.
They are made in a sort of furry material, which when damp and freezing can grip the window more than usual.
Also if it is really cold where you are, silicon spray on all door seals will avoid damaging them if they stick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently purchased a 2016 Maserati Ghibli SQ4. I live in the Midwest and it has gotten cold now. When I start my car in the morning the driver side window is fine but as soon as I role it down and then role it back up. It will not seal all the way. I feel a draft and on the highway I hear a wind noise. Any suggestion? Took it to the dealer and they just charged the battery.
I had a wind noise coming from the rear passenger side window on a 2018 SQ4. Took it to the dealer and they didn't do anything. Went to Lowes and got a thin piece of black weather stripping. Put it on the existing rubber piece and it completely solved the issue. Can't really notice the piece I added. Its just unfortunate I had to do this to a 90k+ car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
M
my 14’ would do like a hesitation when down and pressed to go back up.It would hesitate then go back down after you press the button to go up.
Dealer said they had to recalibrate the window and now it works fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts