Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Anyone have some suggestions on window tint choice for the rosso folgore color? I have the sabbia interior....

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I got the 3M Crystalline window film. This film rejects up to 97% of the sun's heat producing infrared light and block up to 60% of the heat coming through your windows. You may want to go a little darker than legal limit because of the lighter interior.

·
Administrator
2,518 Posts
Just today I got the 70% Huper Optik ceramic on the windshield. You'd be hard pressed to see it has a film unless you look close around the inspection stickers. I wanted the high level of UV and heat reduction.

All around, (except windshield), I used 3M Crystalline 50%, although I could have easily used 40% (max) with the cuoio interior / extended cuoio dash. I was primarily looking for massive heat and UV reduction without pimping my ride.

A couple pictures of the car curing outside the shop ... don't pick it up until tomorrow morning.

Attachments

Reactions: tjsbeer

·
Registered
695 Posts
In Vegas we all use 20%. Works fine. We used a new nano particle film that really keeps car cool. We put UV on windshield, it is essentially clear except with polarized lens. Can't really tell if it makes much difference, more of a skin cancer thing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dane that looks nice! 35% is max legal here in MA too - yours looks darker than 35% but it could be the lighting. Enjoy!

Reactions: Dane

·
Administrator
2,518 Posts
Hi. Anyone have some suggestions on window tint choice for the rosso folgore color? I have the sabbia interior....
You'll also want to look at what how the actual manufacturers film looks on your vehicle windows. Each one is different ... 3M Crystalline is very light even at the darkest 40% available, while others are very dark. With Sabba interior you can tolerate a darker tint without risk of being pulled over.

Really need to decide if you want look or UV/Heat protection and/or both.

I've seen some tints give a purple hue ... like 3M Crystalline on a Tesla window, while on the Ghibli it looks great. If you search this forum there are a couple threads with picture of films on Ghibli.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts