Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I've just had the issue on a friend's Ghibli. 2015 model.
Weird operation, at first the the driver's window would go up right to the top, then after 1sec, it went down to half way, I try several times, and every time it returned to 1/2 half way.
I recalibrated the door module with a Launch 431, the windows then operated properly.

A few moments later I closed the door, the window decided to go all the way down then stop, and smoke started to poor out of the door...
Disconnected the battery, the motor was completely burnt.
I ordered a new motor + the rail system, it comes as one unit.

Has anyone else had the issue and how did they re-calibrate the window?
Did you have to replace anything else that the motor unit? And how did you calibrate the window again?
Any tips on replacing the rails/motor unit?

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Guys,
Some more info.
I have changed the Window regulator, but as soon as I switch the ignition on, the window drops down, and will not come back up.
So I disconnected the motor not to burn it again.
After checking all connections, I get 12V permanently on the motor, whether the door switches are connected or not, so this would tend to clear the risk of a faulty switch unit.

If I send 12V directly to the motor, it works up/down depending on polarity.

Now I think it could be coming from the NODE in the door.

I can see it with my Diag tool, I can see and clear errors, but I cannot calibrate it with the software.

I have opened the NODE and checked that the relay is not stuck, it is OK.

Now I'm really stuck, do I need to change the Node?

Any idea guys? Many views but no suggestion, someone on the forum had the same issue, but as quite often then come to drop the problem but never come back to give the solution, once fixed. They also disappear from the forum till they have another issue, not the way forum should work.

I rely on you guys.
Thanks

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The solution:

No one seems to have had the problem.
So here is the solution if it happens.
You'll have to change the Door Node it will work again.
With a simple up/down calibration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2014 Ghibli from my brother. Right before we exchanged, he told me that the driver front window decided to act really funny as he was changing the battery. it would only go down at first. After a couple hours it went all the way down and will not do anything. I'm assuming that the driver's door node is the culprit; as was your case. Just jumping in to say that I'm with ya. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts