Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I helped someone on another forum learn how to lift up the windshield wipers so that they can clean the windows without scratching your paint on the hood.

Here are the directions for putting your windshield wipers into service mode:

1.) press the engine start button until it illuminates with the word "OFF"

2.) immediately turn your windshield wiper switch backwards. This will raise your wipers up one position. Continue to flip the switch until you reach the desired position.

3.) press the engine start button to ACC or RUN to lower the wiper to it's resting position.

Hopefully this will save everyone a paint job or from bending your wiper arms. I can't tell you how many cars I have seen over the years with the paint scratched off the hood from the owner forcing the wiper arm up without knowing what they were doing. Def not what you want to do to your maserati.

Keep this in mind when gas station attendants wash your windows. They are clueless and will no doubt damage the hood.

Perhaps MODS can sticky this post.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Great info!
Thank you.

·
Administrator
2,387 Posts
mrpa1999 - Thanks for the on-going tips / recommendations on this forum.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No prob - more to come as I familiarize myself with the car. At the very least I intend to do all the basic maintenance myself, ie oil changes, wipers, brakes & rotors, etc. I know it sounds weird but I actually enjoy it. It also allows me to pick and choose what parts to use. Brakes pad alone vary greatly amongst mfg.

I'm headed to Miami on Friday for a mini vacation but when I return my next project is to paint my brake calipers Ferrari red. This option was not avail to anyone who took delivery of a RWD ghibli. Right now I have silver and it's ok, but it just doesn't "POP" like the corsa red calipers do!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I helped someone on another forum learn how to lift up the windshield wipers so that they can clean the windows without scratching your paint on the hood.

Here are the directions for putting your windshield wipers into service mode:

1.) press the engine start button until it illuminates with the word "OFF"

2.) immediately turn your windshield wiper switch backwards. This will raise your wipers up one position. Continue to flip the switch until you reach the desired position.

3.) press the engine start button to ACC or RUN to lower the wiper to it's resting position.

Hopefully this will save everyone a paint job or from bending your wiper arms. I can't tell you how many cars I have seen over the years with the paint scratched off the hood from the owner forcing the wiper arm up without knowing what they were doing. Def not what you want to do to your maserati.

Keep this in mind when gas station attendants wash your windows. They are clueless and will no doubt damage the hood.

Perhaps MODS can sticky this post.
Who lets someone at the gas station wash there maserati’s window lol?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts