Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked about the 50% off winter tire sale at my dealer. The offered the following:

- Four Perelli SottoZero Tires
- Mounting/Dismounting twice a year for three years
- Storage of the tires not being used

$3,195 plus tax. sounds like a fair deal but I cannot source Perelli winter for my car anywhere. Thoughts. Deal good until July 31, 2014.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a set of 19" proteos wheels/tires for winter.

Cost:
$3900 parts (rims, tires, pressure sensors); $300 labor; $237 tax

We bought a tire rack from Home Depot to storage the tires in our garage.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Price seems a little high to me, too.

For my BMWs I usually get a separate set of wheels and winter tires from Tire Rack and swap them twice a year myself. The forty minutes it takes me is much easier than dropping the car off at the dealer for them to do it.

When I get my Ghibli, I was going to use the service you referenced. But if thats the cost, I will go with the Tire Rack option. Plus I always like having different rims to give the car a different look for part of the year.

I think I could get a set on Tire Rack for a little under $2,000.

·
Registered
277 Posts
that is expensive for the tires.. with no rims

mounting and storage isnt worth all that much

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
Last week, I paid $1450 + tax + tire fee for the set of 4 Perelli SottoZero3 tires for the Urano 20" wheels. No mounting ... just bought the tires outright with car. I recognize it will be expensive to mount / demount these each year, so might buy winter rims and have these mounted once.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I paid $1300 for tires tax included for Pirelli sotto zeros 3s for my 20". Mounting shouldn't cost more than $30/wheel. Storage $200 per year, so basically if you get if mount twice a year it's $160 + $200, so roughly $360-$400 a year times three :$1200. So yeah more like $2500 would be a fair deal but it's not terrible.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I asked about the 50% off winter tire sale at my dealer. The offered the following:

- Four Perelli SottoZero Tires
- Mounting/Dismounting twice a year for three years
- Storage of the tires not being used

$3,195 plus tax. sounds like a fair deal but I cannot source Perelli winter for my car anywhere. Thoughts. Deal good until July 31, 2014.
Call tire rack. They have all the pirellis in stock just keeping hostage for maser dealers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The dealer told me the Pirelli Sottos were currently half price. A set of 18s ran me like $650 ($800 installed). If I didn't plan to upgrade the wheels, I probably would have bought 2 sets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts