For those who have bought or are thinking of buying winter tires:

Are you buying separate rims?

where do you store your tires?

Do you buy the covers?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer told me earlier this week Maserati is going to offer 1/2 off winter tires. He's not sure when, but apparently they definitely will. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Separate tire and rim

Bridgestone Blizzaks

Michelin XIce

Nokian Hakka

I store my summers/all seasons in the garage or in the basement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Separate tire and rim

Bridgestone Blizzaks

Michelin XIce

Nokian Hakka

I store my summers/all seasons in the garage or in the basement.
I just got my Ghibli in summer tires are nearly slid down a less than steep hill. I am seriously considering driving my 15 year old beater and leaving my new car in the garage even though I desperately want to drive it.

I checked on Tirerack and they don't have any wheel/snow tire combos in the standard sizes. What wheel/tire size did you go with that would fit but be available in Blizzaks or the Michelin?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just got my Ghibli in summer tires are nearly slid down a less than steep hill. I am seriously considering driving my 15 year old beater and leaving my new car in the garage even though I desperately want to drive it.

I checked on Tirerack and they don't have any wheel/snow tire combos in the standard sizes. What wheel/tire size did you go with that would fit but be available in Blizzaks or the Michelin?
I'm not surprised as summer tires are very dangerous to drive in snow or ice. Perelli are the only tires offered right now. Being that we have a month left of winter, you are best off to just wait until it warms up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not surprised as summer tires are very dangerous to drive in snow or ice. Perelli are the only tires offered right now. Being that we have a month left of winter, you are best off to just wait until it warms up.
I'm wondering if any other sized wheels will work. There is the 18" front tire available in the X-Ice and if those fit on the back too, that would be perfect. I'm just not sure if they will fit

·
Registered
253 Posts

Do u have 20" uranos? If so they def have it. You have to call them though because they are holding all those tires hostage for maserati dealers and need to release them to you, but the only condition is that u have to ship them to maser dealer

·
Registered
87 Posts
We bought winter tires and rims through our dealership. Tires are Pirelli Sottozero Winter 240 series II. Rims are 19" Porteos (same as with the summer tires). In addition, tire pressure sensors were added.

We store in our garage on a tire rack that we ordered from Home Depot. Husband will change wheels according to season.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do u have 20" uranos? If so they def have it. You have to call them though because they are holding all those tires hostage for maserati dealers and need to release them to you, but the only condition is that u have to ship them to maser dealer
Just called tirerack and they do have the Pirelli Sottozero Winter 240 series II available for the 19". It's part of their secret stash and is not available online, so you have to call. I had them delivered straight to me, and not to the dealer

·
Registered
87 Posts
Love the winter tires. We were on Long Island this weekend and they were terrific in 3-4" of fresh snow. Couldn't get the car to slide or fish tail. Note, we have the Q4.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I live in Minnesota, winter doesn't end till may! I'll need them next year anyway so I might as well buy them now and be able to drive the car
I also live in Minnesota and bought the winter tires with the car. I am not sure what brand and they were expensive (like 2K) so it might be possible to get a better deal. But, I wanted convenience. I drove the car off the lot in January and was able to use it even with our harsh winter in MN. On top of that, the dealer will store my summer tires for me so I don't have to haul tires to and from the dealer when I switch them out.

Are you in the Twin Cities or outstate MN? So far I have not seen a single additional Ghibli on the road here. A few parked at the dealership in Minnetonka but none anywhere else (I live south of the river...)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts