Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In most of the northern US we have had some pretty cold and snowy weather lately. Anyone care to comment on their driving experience with the SQ4? Also, if you have left the car outdoors (instead of garaged), problems with freeze ups or other issues? Thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I drove Ty ghibli in extreme snow twice now. It feels incredibly stable with good winter tires . I have the Pirelli sotto zero 3 on and they are fantastic. Ghibli has a special ice mode that is specifically designed for those really bad days. It provides almost deceptively comfortable control of the car. Sometimes I forget that I'm driving in freshly coated snow, and that's a bad thing :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't know one way or the other, but I'd offer that "Member of the Trade" participation can be great. This has worked out well for other forums that I've participated in. So I believe as long as those working in the new car sales industry, especially those who are in Maserati sales, identify themselves as such with a tag line or signature, then it's okay.

·
Registered
348 Posts
figures VUEM5 would post such a glowing review of the QS4 all wheel drive quality. The guy is clearly a Maserati car salesman. Check out some of his other posts on here where he basically admits this. I am not saying the all wheel drive isn't all that but just be careful how much weight you place in this guys "report" he is merely trying to sell cars. Actually, it seems like salesman should not be allowed on here, it goes against the spirit of the forum.. lame
You have VUEM5 mixed up with someone else, I know he is not a Maserati car salesman, he lives close by to me.

·
Registered
277 Posts
why does it matter.

I've seen two ghiblis this weekend driving through a foot of snow with the standard tires

the car is fine...

·
Registered
87 Posts
We haven't gotten our winter tires/rims yet, but snow was fine, not so much with ice. Hubby did some fish-tailing trying to come to a stop a couple nights ago after melted snow had refrozen.

I wouldn't expect any vehicle (unless it had chains) to handle competently on ice.

·
Registered
253 Posts
figures VUEM5 would post such a glowing review of the QS4 all wheel drive quality. The guy is clearly a Maserati car salesman. Check out some of his other posts on here where he basically admits this. I am not saying the all wheel drive isn't all that but just be careful how much weight you place in this guys "report" he is merely trying to sell cars. Actually, it seems like salesman should not be allowed on here, it goes against the spirit of the forum.. lame
You must have me confused with someone else. I posted many negative constructive comments about the ghibli including off the line acceleration, throttle response, rear seat space, etc. if I was a sales guy I wouldn't sell to many Ghiblis this way. Also check out the thread pricing and deliveries from actual sales guy chiming in the ghibli and the discussion around Msrp discounts I've had with him. Anyway I really got nothing to prove to you but you do sound like an idiot barging in here with your accusations without reading any other post I've made on the forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vuem5's got some good posts elsewhere here. Vuem5, if you have an iPhone, can you answer my queries about bluetooth, or just generally give your impressions of the Maserati/Uconnect head unit, in the Technology section of this bulletin board (I posted under "Bluetooth" question yesterday). I test-drove the 650i drive this weekend, which was being given away by the dealership near me (same price as the Ghibli -- it had been on the floor too long, supposedly) and I think I like everything about the Ghibli better other than the head unit interface, rear legroom and free maintenance, but am curious for your reaction as an owner.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My apologies Vuem5

You must have me confused with someone else. I posted many negative constructive comments about the ghibli including off the line acceleration, throttle response, rear seat space, etc. if I was a sales guy I wouldn't sell to many Ghiblis this way. Also check out the thread pricing and deliveries from actual sales guy chiming in the ghibli and the discussion around Msrp discounts I've had with him. Anyway I really got nothing to prove to you but you do sound like an idiot barging in here with your accusations without reading any other post I've made on the forum.
My apologies you're right I had you mixed up with another poster on here that you were discussing pricing with. I must have just seen your name several times in that post and made that wrong call. Nothing could be worse than being falsely accused of being a car salesman...

·
Registered
112 Posts
My apologies you're right I had you mixed up with another poster on here that you were discussing pricing with. I must have just seen your name several times in that post and made that wrong call. Nothing could be worse than being falsely accused of being a car salesman...
I dont mind having manufacturers staff on the forums. I've been on a few moto forums that had techs, salesmen and customer car reps all active. It makes for a more engaged community.

I prefer a salesman who is active on a model specific forum, it means he/she cares about the vehicle and is dedicated to interacting with the target audience. One infiniti forum i used to be part of had a salesman on there who would help members negotiate with their local sales guy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts