Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Strange one - my passenger side wiper arm is rubbing against the end of the hood when it operates. It's damaging the hood. I've tried taking it off and repositioning it on the spindle and tightening it but it has not resolved it. Is it possible for the wiper arm to get bent somehow? It seems to be sitting too high / far out from the windscreen. I've attached a photo. Happy to buy another one but i want to make sure that will fix it. I'm actually having a similar issue (but less severe) on the drivers side too.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Tire

Thanks and happy new year!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hi, as you have a RHD, haven't the wiper's arm being swapped?
If not it is the mechanism which is damaged.
Best wishes for the New Year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Pretty sure the wipers are installed on the correct sides etc! Think I may have to order some new ones as these seem bent / damaged somehow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi guys. Strange one - my passenger side wiper arm is rubbing against the end of the hood when it operates. It's damaging the hood. I've tried taking it off and repositioning it on the spindle and tightening it but it has not resolved it. Is it possible for the wiper arm to get bent somehow? It seems to be sitting too high / far out from the windscreen. I've attached a photo. Happy to buy another one but i want to make sure that will fix it. I'm actually having a similar issue (but less severe) on the drivers side too.
View attachment 22035
Thanks and happy new year!
Happy new year.
Has someone walked /sat on the bonnet or hood as you say that's the only thing I think of. As can't see how 2 arms bending towards the bonnet.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Hi it looks from the picture that the arm wiper is Bent, did someone try to rip them off maybe, or has the car been in an accident?
here in my car .. it is really far from the hood
Hood Automotive tire Bicycle part Windscreen wiper Rim

Window Hood Bumper Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you are right, someone has probably tried to pull them off. Had not thought of that. I live in an area where there is quite a lot of that type of car crime... I've ordered some new wiper arms, thanks for your help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK so i resolved this issue and thought i would provide an update here in case anyone else has the same issue in the future. I got replacement wiper arms but they were still rubbing against the hood. I then noticed by looking at my friend's Ghibli that the bolt that the arms screw onto was sitting down too low on my car (towards the bottom of the cutout holes). I took it to a mechanic who said that the mechanism that operates the wipers (underneath the plastic covering) had come a little loose and they needed to tighten it all up. After tightening this pushed the bolt up higher so the wiper arms don't hit the hood any more.

·
Registered
651 Posts
As Geoffrey, thanks for the feed back, so many people on forums disappear once they fix their problem, without giving the solution.
(y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts