Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You get to read about it. I'm living it.

Chapter 1: The Waiting Game: The car that never made it to the dealership
http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/purchasing-orders/7722-how-do-i-find-out-what-going-my-car.html

Chapter 2: New car bliss: Or is it?
http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/introductions/8074-finally.html

Chapter 3:
Check engine light H E L L: The Tetralogy
http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/introductions/8074-finally-4.html#post89170

Chapter 4:
The Demand: Refund or Replacement
http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/introductions/8074-finally-10.html#post105329

Chapter 5:
Unwritten -- MASERATI NA, THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT

·
Registered
863 Posts
Wow you did got a bad piece or should i say a very bad piece. hopefully M NA resolves all of your issues. But what i really hope is that you dont turn a black eye on the car itself.

I think it has been utterly mis-fortunate that you got the worst piece from the lot. Hopefully your other experience would be a complete turnaround of this.

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
This is BS. Maserati as a brand should do a better job getting the major issues resolved through their dealerships. I would say just go ahead and file your complaint and maybe they will learn their lesson the hard way.
Hope they will come through and take care of this for you ASAP.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They way that Maserati have been acting is ridiculous. There are always the arguments that you are buying an Italian car. People will say there are just going to be quirks. But when you are shelling out this much money for a car, Italian or not, you deserve much better service than you have been getting. Hopefully threads like this or ssipes thread will garner enough attention that Maserati will pull their heads out of the sand... or wherever else it may be stuck up.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But what i really hope is that you dont turn a black eye on the car itself...
...Hopefully your other experience would be a complete turnaround of this...
Well, I'm done with this actual car. I don't even want to drive it. It's been in my garage since the CEL on Monday with the exception of one quick local appt this morning out of necessity. The dealership is just waiting on MNA. They don't want to take my car in at this point. I don't want it repaired anyway.

I did agree to the possibility of a replacement vehicle (equal or greater value with minimum of the same options and color choices). A replacement is the only option for a 'turnaround' as you mentioned. That is the only way I stay in a Maserati. However, this one was trucked in from CA because there weren't any others available. I'm not even sure a 2014 replacement even exists out there.

If a refund is the resolution then I will be looking at other options. If I wind up with a refund I will not be back in a Maserati.

The last option is an unfavorable decision from Maserati and then I'll be going through NJ Lemon Law which means I move away from Maserati as well.

So, unless they offer me a replacement vehicle, there will be no turnaround.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well, I'm done with this actual car. I don't even want to drive it. It's been in my garage since the CEL on Monday with the exception of one quick local appt this morning out of necessity. The dealership is just waiting on MNA. They don't want to take my car in at this point. I don't want it repaired anyway.

I did agree to the possibility of a replacement vehicle (equal or greater value with minimum of the same options and color choices). A replacement is the only option for a 'turnaround' as you mentioned. That is the only way I stay in a Maserati. However, this one was trucked in from CA because there weren't any others available. I'm not even sure a 2014 replacement even exists out there.

If a refund is the resolution then I will be looking at other options. If I wind up with a refund I will not be back in a Maserati.

The last option is an unfavorable decision from Maserati and then I'll be going through NJ Lemon Law which means I move away from Maserati as well.

This is such an awful story ... really hope Maserati offers an acceptable solutions for you ...

·
Registered
863 Posts
This is sad... truely MNA has completely screwed up a good customer.. hopefully they would do everything to retain you..

Best wishes... for the days to come(with or without Maserati)

·
Registered
863 Posts
I wonder if Ferrari or Lamborghini or any other brand like Pagani would reacted or reacts the same way as Maserati has done in this case...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Dunno if the question is aimed at me so if it is the case I have got the 20' Urano polished with P Zero for summer and just fitted the Vulcano 18' with winter tires

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine are the Q5A6, NOT the polished. They look bright in sunlight and then change to darker in lower light. In the garage they look the same exact color as my car, Grigio Maratea.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, updates in my Intro thread that are not contained here begin with this post:
http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/introductions/8074-finally-12.html#post107665

Here is the latest. It's not at all pretty.

2 non-returned phone calls from Sharon Beckford on Friday. I was finally transferred to her on Monday when I called again and asked for Karen Hayes. Sharon offered no additional information and deflected all requests for info with “I have no authorization to make a decision on the matter”. I was also denied requests to speak with someone who did have proper authorization.

I was able to get a hold of my Service Advisor last week and asked if he knew anything more and also asked point blank should I bring my car in. The answer was "no".

Yesterday I received a voice message from Karen Hayes. In the message she stated that my request for assistance was denied because even though my check engine light is on again, I had not brought my car in to be evaluated.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

I'm told not to bring my car in and then my claim is denied because I didn't bring my car in? Does that make ANY sense to anyone? I contacted both the Consumer Affairs office and my dealership immediately following the 4th failure and have been calling them several times each week sometimes several times in the same day. At no time was there ever a request for me to bring my car in either from Maserati NA or my dealership.

I started my day on the west coast yesterday. I arrived home at 2am last night/this morning. Even so, I was at my dealership with my car this morning and waited for them to check the code. I asked them to only diagnose the issue and not to do anything else. Code P0300 shows multiple engine misfires and 306 shows misfire specifically on cylinder 6. I called Karen Hayes from the dealership and got her voice mail. I explained in the message that I went to the dealership and got the CEL documented as they requested and it was sent from my SA to their office. I also have a copy for my documentation. I think taking this action within less than 24 hours of her message and my relentless follow up shows the urgency on my end. My experience so far shows no urgency on the part of Maserati regarding my case.

I've since left another call for Karen and also followed up with an email. Waiting for a return call from her as I explicitly requested one. The ball is in their court and I expect my request to be reevaluated.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Crazy... i wish.. no one should go over this kind of a problem. I certainly see that MNA is absolutely sitting duck here and dont even know what to do themselves...

I salute your patience, otherwise by this time i would have called the attorneys to take up this matter with MNA..

Complete chaos, i would say..

I am completely with you on this kind of absurd behavior and attitude from MNA

·
Registered
127 Posts
Dunno if the question is aimed at me so if it is the case I have got the 20' Urano polished with P Zero for summer and just fitted the Vulcano 18' with winter tires
How do you like the 18" tire coming from the 20"' how do they feel?
I will be swapping very soon to the 18" winters from the 20" too?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do you like the 18" tire coming from the 20"' how do they feel?
I will be swapping very soon to the 18" winters from the 20" too?
Would you mind taking that to PM or in an appropriate tire thread? I would appreciate if we could keep this one on topic. Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
TheJackal

I just sent you a PM.

·
Registered
357 Posts
TheJackal, ssipes and JohnnyA,

Besides being sold a lemon what the three of you have in common is the patience of a saint, which is what you need the most when dealing with incompetent and stupid people.

Hang in there guys. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow can't believe they are still ignoring you. You would figure they would be worried about how this makes them look to prospective buyers browsing the forum. Seeing how they are dealing with these problems just confirms that I made the right decision to forgo purchasing for the time being.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I see the same comments on the Jag forum and they've been at it quite awhile,but the F-type is totally different for them ,all new and the dealers weren't prepared.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts